Twelve

Maddy's POV

I awkwardly comforted Kayla. I couldn't believe she's pregnant. She's pregnant and the father of her child is my brother. And my brother is gone.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" I rubbed her back as i hugged her tightly.

"No," she told me honestly. "I just don't know how I'm supposed to raise a child by myself."

"Hey, you're not alone," I told her. "You have me. You'll always have me," I promised.

When I said that she sobbed even harder.

"You've always hated me, why are you doing this?" She asked, taking me by surprise.

"I-I, I just didn't know you. I didn't ever think of giving you a chance," I told her honestly. "Honestly, you're nothing like how I thought you were."

She broke our embrace and looked at me confused underneath her tearstained face.

"Really? I thought you knew something that you didn't like. I honestly thought you hated me for a good reason," Kayla said and chuckled lightly.

I smiled and shook my head. Eventually a doctor found us and took us go a separate room. He once again told us about my mother and Ryan and the two of us broke into tears, again. He apologized and left us alone to cope.

We did exactly that. We sat across the small room from each other sobbing. Eventually we both stopped due to the fact we were both choking on our tears. It was silent in the room until Kayla said something.

"Are you okay?"

"Huh?" I was confused.

"You threw up this morning..are you sick?"

"Oh, no! I'm fine. It must've been some sort of heat-of-the-moment type thing," I assured her.

She chuckled before jokingly saying, "Yeah that's what I thought."

After not understanding what she meant, I just switched the subject.

"We're going to have to arrange the funeral," I brought up.

"Where is it going to be?"

"I don't know. All my family is in Barcelona. It might have to be there," I said hesitating. "But for some reason I don't want to go back." I had a feeling in my gut that made me want to stay here in Michigan. I didn't want to go back to Barcelona.

"Why? Did something happen there," she asked suspiciously.

"No. Nothing besides the fact that I found out about the accident and I wasn't even home. I just feel like something is wrong."

"Well maybe you are sick. You don't often throw up when you aren't sick."

"I don't know." I shook my head.

I glanced up at Kayla and she was giving me a weird look.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"You were giving me a weird look," I told her.

"Nope, just my face. Anyways, tell me about your friend," she said raising her eyebrows.

"Abbey?"

"No! The one you were texting on the elevator!"

"Oh," I said before hesitantly continuing. I knew who she meant. Neymar. "Well, he is a guy. He plays soccer with Dani, really nice. He's really cute also-"

"Neymar Jr," she said before I even finished my description m. "You've got to be kidding me! Seriously?"

"Yes, how did you know?" I felt my cheeks turn a light pink.

"Did you guys go on a date?"

"Kind of. He had me over for dinner at his house. I'm guessing it was because it was too hard to go out last minute."

"Was it nice?"

"Very."

"Did you guys do anything afterwards?" She smirked at me and I felt my cheeks darken even more in color.

"We..watched a movie?" I tried to say that confidently and convincingly but it came out as a question.

"Mmhmmm."

To get myself out of this awkward situation, decided I needed to call Dani and bring up the funeral. Afterwards I would call Ian and Jake, and I'm guessing James already knew. Abbey probably already told him.

Dani picked up on the third ring. "Hello?"

"Hey Dani. This is really soon but I figured the sooner we discussed this the better." I got up and left the room because Kayla was about to make a phone call too.

"What's up?"

"What about the funeral? You're so busy, I feel like it'd have to be in Barcelona."

Dani paused before answering. "Yeah, me too. Are you okay with that?"

"Yes," I said my voice shaky. "But I don't want to stay there."

"Why not?" I could basically see the confusion on Dani's face judging by his voice.

"I don't know. I feel like I just want to stay here in Michigan until August and then go to California for soccer and collage. I'm not sure why though, ya know?"

"Yeah...I guess. Well I can take care of everything, you just relax. I'll call you soon to let you know what's all going on. I'll arrange the funeral, flights, everything. You just take a moment. Okay?"

"Okay," I agreed. We said our goodbyes before we hung up and I dialed jakes number. I told him everything and he promised to pass on the news for Ian, he understood how hard it was for me to repeat everything.

Eventually I got back into the room and had some time to think about how thankful I was for Dani.

-------------------•---------------------

It has been another week and so far Kayla and I have been staying in my parents old house. The hardest part was realizing they will never enter this house again, which was heartbreaking. Kayla has began to show and I couldn't be happier! She told me she was around five months along and I'm beginning to feel anxious for her to give birth so I can see my niece or nephew. I'm starting to think I am sick because I have been throwing up a lot in the mornings and occasionally random parts throughout the day. Since I didn't have a fever I didn't really think anything of it. I mean, it's not too serious if I don't have one, right?

The other night Dani called and told us our flight would be leaving today. He has the funeral arrangements all set up and all we have to do is arrive at the visitation, funeral, and burial.

"I hope I don't get sick on the plane," I said as Kayla and I drove to the airport.

"Yeah, about that. What's going on?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "Most likely just a bug. I have no clue what else it could be."

"I do," Kayla said under her breath but I still heard her.

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

After the longest flight ever we made it to Barcelona. Abbey would be picking us up from the airport and I couldn't be more excited. It's been a long two weeks since I've seen her.

Together Kayla and I found our luggage at baggage claim and looked for Abbey. We found her after what felt like forever and I hugged her tighter than I knew a person could hug.

_________________________

YOU THOUGHT IT WAS OVER HAHA NOPE!

Yes, I'm updating again :D *peep new cover*

please read, comment, and vote :)