25

reuploaded cause out of order
---

i sighed, wanting my shift to be over already so i could see yoongi. it's been a month since hyungjoo quit after i kicked his balls, so the store was really quiet.

it was already eight pm, and i'm still sitting in the cashiers seat.

"she could have gotten someone else to fill in why did it have to be me." i mumbled.

"excuse me?" my boss asked, turns out she was arranging the books behind me.

"nothing ma'am."

"minjae, take these books and put them in storage will you?" she handed me a box filled with old books, that my arms were going to give out on any time soon.

i was putting the books up in the quiet storage room, until my phone suddenly rang, breaking the silence. i quickly picked up thinking it was yoongi.

"hello?" i answered.

"minjae." the person who clearly wasn't yoongi replied.

"namjoon? how did you get my number?"

"that's not important right now-" his voice was uneasy.

what's going on..

"namjoon what do you need, spit it out already." i demanded.

"yoongis in the hospital. he was hit by a drunk driver while going to visit you at work." he finally said.

silence filled the room again.

no, no, no, that can't happen. panicked thoughts filled my head.

"hello? minjae? we're at the hospital near you."

"how long has he been in there?"

"quite a while now, around three hours. the surgeries finished."

"ugh namjoon! why didn't you tell me earlier?!"

i dashed out of the room, tripping over the box (that unfortunately still had quite a few heavy books in it) in the process.

that's gonna leave a bruise, great.

i grabbed my bag off the counter and ran out of the store, hearing my bosses yells, but i didn't respond. i just kept running.

i frantically waved my arm, trying to catch a cab. one finally came to my view, and stopped in front of me. i quickly entered, shutting the door behind me.

"the nearest hospital please." i answered the taxi driver before he could even ask me.

the ride was filled with silence, only my sniffles could be heard.

"miss, are you okay?" the driver asked.

"yeah, i just need to get to the hospital really quick." i responded.

"the hospitals not very far, but there's traffic so it might take longer."

"ugh," i buried my face in the palm of my hands.

i took the money out from my wallet, paying the driver before running out of the cab.

i kept running, to the point where my legs felt as if they were burning.

just a bit more. i kept telling myself.

i finally arrived to the hospital, and ran straight towards the reception area.

i panted, before speaking, "whats min yoongis room number?"

the lady then slowly started typing on the computer.

OH MY GOSH, HURRY UP.

"room 209, third floor." she said.

not even bothering to thank her, i ran towards the elevator, slamming the button.

with a small ding, the doors opened, i repeatedly pressed the button leading to the third floor.

"come on, hurry up.." i mutter.

when the doors opened i ran out into the hall, finding yoongis room number.

seeing the door was halfway open, i took a peek inside

▪▪▪
:) #loveyall