Killed for Good?

"What?"

"As I said, I found the murderer, talked to him and found out the explanation of why he killed that man."

"But... Why? I don't get it... Why kill someone in the first place?"

I look down, "That's what I wanted to ask... But I wasn't able to..."

"I see..."

There was silence for a bit, I, as well as everyone else, was thinking about what had just happened, my mind was trying to process it but couldn't.

"We better get back to the warehouse."

I look up to Osman and nod, "Yeah that's probably best..." I look over to Emerald, standing up, "Come on..."

"No."

I look back to Osman, "What?"

He sighs, "You can't go ahead and use magic so quickly."

"Isn't that my choice?" I'm beginning to get frustrated.

"Yes, but-"

"Okay then, let's go."

Emerald grabs onto me and I start my path. "I'll see you there..."

*************

After some time, being the quickest at travelling, I get there the fastest. "Only a few hours..." I mutter and slowly head to the table.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I cough, "I'm fine Emerald... Just... Go on home, meet back here tomorrow, ok?"

Emerald nods and walks out the door. I cough a bit more. That was not a good idea, maybe I should've listened to Osman...

"I told you."

I snap my head over to the door, "You got here quickly."

Osman walks over and sits on the chair next to me, "I've been practicing... You ok?"

I nod, "Yeah, fine." I rasp.

"You don't look it..."

I look straight at him, he was worried, genuinely worried. "Where's Ana?"

"I told her to go home."

"Why?!" I shout.

Osman winces, "Because, I know that she'd just make it worse."

I go to say something but stop. I realise that he's right, he's been right for some time now.

I nod and more silence follows.

"Are you sure you're alright?"

"Yeah, don't worry about me."

"Fine, but..."

"Yeah?"

"Just stay here tonight, understand?"

"Yeah..."

"Good." Osman stands and walks out the door.

I go over to the couch that we had here for emergencies and lie on it. I think about the conversation with Osman for a bit then go onto thinking about that man, the man who had killed someone for good?