Chance At Love 4

"So what you are trying to tell me is that there is absolutely nothing going on between you and Drake?" Candice asked a little too sarcastic for Nicki's taste. They were having a girls night in to catch up on their busy lives since they didn't see each other often during the week. They sat in Nicki's lounge with wine glasses in their hands and the tv on low so that they could focus on each other.

"Yes Candi, there is nothing going on, I promise" Nicki defended while checking on her phone for any messages. Nick and Gabby were sleeping over at Drakes's for the first time and she was constantly wondering how Nick would cope without having either his mother or grandmother near when he went to bed. Drake had reassured her that all was well and at the first sign of trouble he would call her but she just couldn't help but worry over them.

They have had more play dates since the first one and it hurt Nicki to know that her son now preferred Drake's company over hers. Every Sunday like clock work he would ask to go visit his Mr. Drake slowly forgetting their ritual of spending time together. Nicki however did not complain since she was part of those play dates as well and Drake always included her in whatever he had planned for the kids. When Nicki offered to host once Drake declined and told her that she works 12hour shifts at the bakery and therefore she needed her rest on weekends. He was thoughtful that way. That didn't stop Nicki from providing baked goodies every Sunday for them though.

"So all you do is spend time with the kids? Every Sunday? What am I 2???" Candice enquired "girl you better spill them guts before I start cussing" she finished while giving Nicki a knowing look.

"I swear, all we ever do is ..." Nicki was interrupted by the beep of her phone indicating a message, it was a picture of Nick and Gabby in their matching onesie PJ's standing at the foot of the bed with big adorable smiles on their faces and a even a cuter caption to match

>>we are fed, clean and ready for bed mommy

Nicki gushed over the picture and immediately replied back

<<aww my babies, please kiss them goodnight and tell them I love them💋

>>will do baby girl but what about me?

<<What about you sir? Nicki responded with a very evident smile on her face. Candice looked on knowingly smiling at her friend and knew immediately who she was texting.

>>Where is my goodnight kiss?

<<Where do you want it baby? You can have it anywhere you like😏Nicki continued to flirt. When it came to her behavior around Drake she threw caution to the wind and just rode the wave that was playful pleasantness between them

>>Anywhere babe? For real?

<<Why would I be playing?

>>Onika don't make me drive out there because you know I can and I will 😩😁. "What is wrong with him" Nicki giggled out loud with a big smile on her face.