Chapter Two

I quietly walked into the room.  I heard all sorts of machines beeping, which caused me to worry.  I turned the corner of the curtain to see her.  Her head was wrapped in bandages, but she just looked like she was sleeping.  

"Stan, we are going to have the doctor tell you what he told us.  He'll be in any moment, until then, we'll leave you with her," her mother said.

I sat down in the chair next to her as I fought back tears.

I can't believe this happened.  Why did it have to be you?  I would've much rather it'd be me.

I could no longer fight them back.  Tears slowly fell down my cheeks.

"Are you Stan?" the doctor asked, coming into the room.

I nodded, holding onto (Y/N)'s hand.

"I have good news.  She will live, but where she hit her head, I fear she hit her limbic system, and it looks to have major bruising," he explained,

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"She will possibly have amnesia, which is rare for a car accident, but if the tests are right, I'd expect her to have some memory lose," he answered.

"Will it be permanent?" I asked.

"That's not likely, but I can't promise anything especially until she wakes up," he replied.

I continued to look down at her.

"You should go home and sleep," he suggested.

"You really think I'm going to sleep, knowing my girlfriend is in the hospital?" I glared.

"Stan, there is nothing you can do for her here.  Go home.  It's unhealthy for you to watch her like this," he advised.  "You don't have to go home, but you shouldn't stay here."

"Yes sir," I sighed.

I walked out of the room and back to the waiting room where Kyle was still sleeping.  I went up to him and flicked him in the throat.

Kyle let out a choking noise as he woke up.

"What the hell man?" he questioned, grasping his throat.

"Let's go to your place," I suggested.

"You're leaving?" he asked.

"They told me not to stay here," I explained.

"Alright," he agreed, getting his keys out of his pocket.

We went to his place, but I didn't go to sleep.  I played video games for a while, but kept losing so I just sat there in the dark.  It was around 4:00 a.m. when I passed out.  I woke up around 7:00 a.m. sore as hell.   My whole body hurt from the accidents. 

I planned to lay there for a while until my phone started to ring, "Hello?"

"Stan, it's (Y/M/N).  She woke up this morning," she said.

"I'll be right over," I replied in a hurry.