The Day Part 2

I looked around the halls as we walked to the cliff-side. All first year students were asked to report there. Velvet didn't really have much of a weapon other than my old ones, but I thought that she was ready. "Who do you think will be on our team?" Velvet asked, hopping along. " Maybe we will be on a team with cute boys!" She looked off dreamily. "Yeah, yeah," I responded. "But remember, you have to keep your head up the ENTIRE time! If you hear a noise that isn't me or another person, you run, or get to high ground. You got it?" I asked with a slight smile. "Sure Miss 'If-you-don't-do-this-you're-gonna-die'" "Ha ha,"

When we got there, it was almost full, but there weren't as many people that were accepted. In fact, there was only about 1/5 of the people that were accepted. I shrugged and go on my platform next to Velvet. We had gotten a chance to change into our battle clothes, and Velv was wearing one that I hand made for her. It was a all brown long sleeve shirt and leggings combo thing, with gold armor shoulder pads, belt, and shoes. Her long hair was still a little curled, but it was returning back to its straight nature. I was wearing my long sleeve light brown shirt, with a black corset over my stomach. I was also wearing black pants with my belt. I had a lot of other small details, but it may bore you if I wrote them all. We stood there, on the launch platforms, and waited. "You will be launched up in the air, and you go through the forest to find a relic. After you have gotten it, you will come back to the cliff. Now, you will have partners, so the first person you have eye contact with will be your partner for the rest of your time here" I gulped at hearing this. I looked to Velvet and told her what to do as the people got launched into the air. "Alright, so when you get launched into the air, try to land in a tree or just get your feet on the ground. I will try to find you when I land. Now, kill everything. Nothing is your friend unless it is human. And be careful around other people, okay? And one last thing. Do not-" I was cut off by my platform thrusting me into the air. I was prepared for it. I did a slight flip and turned around to watch Velvet be ejected from the cliff. She flailed around and I gave her a thumbs up. She was scared, I could tell, but she was doing her best. Just as I felt the trees catching up to me, I grabbed a branch and watched Velvet fall into a cluster of trees a bit west of me. I started running there as fast as I could, killing every Grimm in my path. As I was almost there, my dreams were crushed by the sound of another human being. 

"Yatsu? You here?" He asked, looking around. He was the same boy from the orientation thing that I met. He had dark skin, with bronze hair, and vest. I could now see his weapon, which were two arm blades, that matched his hair and vest color. The one thing that I remembered the most, was that he was blind. I didn't want to leave him here stranded, looking for Yatsu or whoever, but I needed to be teammates with Velvet. "Okay, I am not Yatsu, but don't make eye contact with me please because I have a friend who can't really defend herself and I am afraid that she may get a bad teammate so please don't look at me." I blurted out all at once, then ran away from him, to where Velv was. Don't worry Velv. I'll be there soon. 

I found Velvet in a patch of flat land trying to kill an Ursa. She was making quite a good effort, but I didn't think she could have made it if she were to have been here alone any longer. I grabbed by bag and turned it into its gatling gun form, and shot the Ursa down. Velvet cowered down in fear, but as I walked up to her, I hugged her tight. "It's okay. I am here." I said and she stood up. "Shut up! I was doing good!! Was I doing good?" I retorted and I laughed. "Yes, you were doing just fine. Now come on, time to find the relic." And with that, we were off. 

The relics were just empty vials of dust that were painted different colors. Velvet grabbed a light blue one, and we ran back up to the cliff. As we fought through the scarce Grimm that confronted us, I knew that this day would be one of the best.