Idol Romance

Requested by flyaway_alyshaXx

Hope u like it!

Some background info: you are a contestant on American Idol along with Dalton.

*some facts regarding the show might be changed

P.S. fifth chp of my Dalton fanfic Broken Strings is up.

------------------------------------------------------

Pre finale week

You were so excited because Sia, the legend herself had vocal trained you for this performance.

You were very anxious.

Will I be able to sing her song?

Let alone do justice to it?

You thought to yourself.

"Don't worry. You are a great singer. You'll nail. Now just don't get worked up y/n"

Dalton said giving your hand a little squeeze.

You didn't realise that you were gripping your knee so tight that your knuckles were flexing dangerously.

"I'm not as good as you on the stage!"

You whined, leaning on his shoulder.

"It's okay everybody can't be Dalton perfect. I know that I'm perfect but don't strain yourself to be like me"

He said smirking.

"Self obsessed monster!"

You said playfully shoving him.

"But don't you like this monster?"

He asked, his molten grey eyes gleaming with anticipation.

You were called away before he could see you blushing.

During your performance you risked a glance at him.

He was smiling at you and gave you a thumbs up.

After your performance you walked back to the chairs.

Dalton got up to hug you.

Finale

You stared hard at the floor, afraid to look up, into crowd of hundreds and many million people watching you on TV.

You just didn't want to pass out.

You closed your eyes shut as you tightly gripped Dalton and Trent's hand.

Ryan Seacrest was about to announce the results of the last winner of this legendary show.

You thought about the hours you had put in, the hard work, the tension and every bit of the twisted roller coaster journey.

"On third place we have..... The Texas guy, Dalton Rapattoni....
The winner of this show is Y/n"

You heard the poppers burst, confetti flying and people cheering and screaming out your name.

You couldn't register the excitement and felt numb, everything in slow motion, butterflies in stomach gone, palms all sweaty as you shakily walked forward to accept the trophy.

The judges handed you the trophy as you hugged them all.

Then it hit you, you had won the show.

You began jumping on the stage in your heels and crying at the same moment.

After the show ended you walked back to the green room where more people greeted you.

You saw a note kept on your dressing seat.

You picked it up and carefully opened it.

It read:

Meet me on the terrace. I have to tell you something.

Dalton

Without a second thought you kept your trophy on the table and headed to the terrace.

You saw him standing there, gazing at the stars.

You ran and hugged him from the back.

He turned around to hug you.

"Congratulations y/n"

"Thank you Dalton!"

You said smiling.

"You called me?"

"Yeah. Urm... I really-"

He smacked his lips hard against yours, not giving you any time to react.

The sudden impact caught you off guard and you stumbled but Dalton steadied you, not breaking the kiss.

Your hands were first on his chest to restrain him but later you tangled your hands into his silken blond hair, enjoying the softness.

Your tongues fighting for dominance.

You broke apart, out of breath.

"You have no idea how many times I dreamt of doing this with you and how badly I wanted to kiss you"

He said smiling.

"I really like you y/n. From the first day I set my eyes upon you"

The multiple times he had dropped hints but I was naive not to get them.

You thought to yourself.

You mentally slapped yourself.

"I really am a winner"

You said smiling before pulling him into another kiss.