A New Group

Rachel's POV

     I walked up ahead with Kurt with Finn right behind us. Finn and I haven't fought in a while and that makes me happy. Maybe it was our new found understanding for each other. We'd both lost important people in our lives and are still trying to live with that.
And the fact that he can sing helps too. Not to mention he's kinda cute.
Gah! Stop it Rachel! You can't be thinking about guys right now. At least, not so soon after Jesse. Who's to say we can't be friends though?
     Just then, Kurt nudged my arm and I looked up. As he called for Finn, I saw at least 10 people coming our way.
     You could definitely tell they weren't all related. Well, maybe those two Asians but that's all I'd think without asking.
     The rest of them were pretty different. There was a Latina in the front who looked like a total bitch and was holding hands with a confused blonde girl.
     Next to them, there was a muscular guy with a mohawk and a guy wearing a tattered bowtie and frizzy hair. Geez, he needs some hair gel or something.
     Behind them was a big black girl, a blonde guy with big lips, a guy with glasses and prosthetic legs, the Asians I talked about earlier, and another blonde girl in a torn up cheerleading uniform. It looked like it said WMHS on the front.
     Finn walked in front of us with a gun in his hands. He held it up just in case.
     "Oh come on dude," the Latina said, exasperated. "You haven't even talked to us to see if we're dangerous and you're already pointed a gun at us. Calm down and talk to us tubbers."
     I looked at Finn to see what his reaction would be. He slowly lowered the gun.
     "Thank you. Now, let's start over. I'm Santana. But I gotta warn ya, when I get angry, my alter ego, Snix takes over."
     She looked to the blonde girl next to her. "This is my girl, Brittany."
     Brittany smiled innocently and said, "Did you know dolphins are just gay sharks?"
     I was confused and looked at Kurt. He didn't know what to say.
     "Then here we've got Puck, or Noah if you're fancy, and Blaine."
     I looked back at Kurt who was eyeing the Blaine character. I looked at Blaine to see if he was returning the stare. Sure enough, he was staring back.
     "Then we've got Mercedes and Sam back there," she said pointing at the black girl and the boy with the big lips.
     "If you ever need a jar of pickles opened or something, Sam is your guy."
     "Would you stop making fun of my lips," Sam yelled up at Santana.
     "Whatever you say, Trouty Mouth," she yelled back. Sam rolled his eyes and kept quiet.
     "Then, we've got Tina and Mike or Asian Fusion back there." She pointed at the two Asians.
     "RASIST!" they yelled.
     "CANT YOU TAKE A JOKE?" she yelled back.
     They looked at each other and Santana continued.
     "Then, we've got Artie," she said, pointing at the guy with prosthetics.
     "He used to be in a wheelchair. We got him fixed and now, he can move pretty good. And in a world like this, we're grateful for that."
     "Preach," Artie said, waving his hand in the air.
     "And finally, there's Kitty. Someone who is way out of Artie's league but they're still cute together."
     Kitty took Artie's hand and smiled to herself.
     "So, you still wanna shoot us?"

Finn's POV

     I sighed. They all seemed like nice people and there was no use killing them if they were trustworthy.
     I stuck out my hand. "My name's Finn," I said.
     With a smile, Santana took my hand and, after that, our small group just got a bit bigger.