Chapter 16

"Look I-I don't know why I was following them I just.. Im sorry and thank you for everything I really appreciate what you did... I.. I'm soo sorry Mickie.. I really don't I know what else to say to you.. I was stupid.. We all were, can you forgive me?"

I decided that talking to Todd would be the easiest and if he said anything I didnt like I could just shot him or something..

I sighed looking down at my hands briefly then back at Todd.

"So.. Did you go see your mom?" I asked him

He looked down at his shoes and shook his head no.

I shook my head in disappointment. I stood up of his couch and dusted off my adidas sweatpants.

"When you go see her then you'll be forgiven. Until then don't look my way.. That's real tucked up how you just up and leave your fam like that. That ass wooppin she gon' give should be enough punishment." I walked over to the front door opening it.

"See you when I see you" I said to him taking on last look at him to find him with his head still down.

I walked out shaking my head. Next stop Mani.
**************

I stepped out my car and walk up to her front door. When I rang the door bell no one answered.. So obviously I rang it a second, then third, forth, fifth, ect. I was starting to get worried.

I went to turn the nob hesitating for a second but doing it anyway. Surprisingly the door way opened. I walked in closing and locki g the door behind me.

"Mani!?" I yelled through the house only to receive silence as my response.

I ran around the house screaming her name with my heart pounding against my chest.

I got to one of her guess rooms finding her on the bed to be what looked like sleep.

I walked over to her slowly.

"Mani.." I said softly.

I slightly shook her but she still didn't get up.

I started to panic.

"Mani.. MANI GET UP!" shaking her violently. When that still didn't work I checked her pulse. It was there but it was faint. I quickly grabbed her and ran down the stairs.

Running out the house and into my car I put her in the back seat. Speeding off to the hospital, running red lights and avoiding cars.

I made it to the hospital in 10 minutes from a hour drive. I got Mani and ran in.

"HELP HELP I NEED A DOCTOR!" I screamed scared for my best friend.

The receptionist just looked at me.

"Get A Fucking Doctor Before I Blow Your Head Off." I said to her I a deadly tone. She quickly pressed a button behind the desk and doctors came running out grabbing Mani from me..

I tried going with them but they wouldn't let me.

I walked over to the waiting area Bouncing my leg with my chin on my folded hands. Tears threatened to fall at the brim of my eyelids.

I started hyperventilating, my breaths became short. I quickly pulled my phone out my pocket and called Jamie.

"M.J!" He screamed in my ear. I cringed.

"Help.. Hospital.. Mani.. Panic.."
That was the only thing I did get out before I heard a click. I threw my phone somewhere and tried to Control my breathing.

"M.J!" I heard someone call my name but I didn't look up it felt like I was about to die.... Ha I'm going to die in a hospital.. crazy how nobody even came to see if I was okay..

"M.J you gotta breath. Slow Breaths In, Out, In, Out"

What the fuck you think I'm doing holding my breathing?

"J.B... Call J.B.."

"J.B?... J.B gone ma how I'm calling him.."

I shook my head and pointed to my phone that was across the room.. I hung my head down and started crying, grabbing my chest and I started coughing. I slid to the cold floor which seemed to help a little. I laid down on the tiles and closed my eyes.

"M.J open your eyes!" Jamie said slapping me lightly.

Opening my eyes into little slits I coughed still gasping for breath. I started to get cold but I couldn't move.. I was to weak. I haven't had a panic attack since J.B 'died' in my arms. Those out brakes where nothing compared to this and J.B was the only one who could stop them.

2 minutes later, he came running in yoked me up and hugged me from behind like he used to when we were kids. I moved closer to him and listened closely to his breathing trying to mimick it. Eyes wide, hands clenching onto his arms.

"How are you here I thought.."

"Shh" J.B shush him. He rubbed my armed warming me up.

I closed my eyes as my breathing went back to regular just as the doctor came in.

"Family of Imani-"

"Here" I said rushing over to him getting out of my brothers hold.

"I'm sorry but she didn't make it" he informed us. I dropped to my knees and I silently cried.

"She overdosed on pain killers.. If... If she would have got here a little sooner she probably would still be here.." he said making me feel worse..

I was here sooner but that stupid whore up front wanted to just stare at my best friend die.

I got up and walked over to hoe. She was on the phone twirling her stuff weave on her finger.

I grabbed her by her the back of her head and smashed her face in the desk.

I jumped over the counter and stomped her face in her screams filled the room. The boys came over and grabbed me of her but I pushed both of them off me and continued.

In my eyes it's my fault that she took those pills, but it was her fault that she wasn't saved in time.

The boys finally got me off of her and started screaming at me.

"You Can Do That Shit In A Hospital! They'll Call The Cops And Get Cho Ass Locked Up! You Wanna Go To Jail!? HUH!?" J.B Screamed

"You See Anybody Else Running Over To Stop Me!? Huh? No Cause I Got All These Little MotherFuckers On Pay Roll! And They Don't Want To See Another Check For They're Families Disappear!" I said yelling at him I walked over to the computer and looked for Mani's room. When I found it I started walking to the elevator.

The boys tried to come too but I stopped them.

"Don't fucking follow me" I said looking at them as the doors closed.

When I got in Mani's room I broke down. I can believe I didn't even get to make up with her... Oh Shit TODD! I went over to the phone that was in the room and called him I told him to get down here but I couldn't tell him that she died over the phone.

I grabbed her hand and looked her. Then I looked down at the floor.

"Mani please don't go.. Please come back so we can be best friends again.. I promise to never ignore you.. no matter what you do and no matter what I do we will always be besties.. I just want you to open your eyes." I said looking up at her.

"Mani Please! Wake Up! Wake Up!" I screamed shaking her.. I started breathing hard and I wasn't in my right mind. I got on top of her so I was straddling her. I put one hand In the middle of her chest and the other on top of the first one and pushed down.

"Wake up.." I said pushing down. I continued doing thirty more times. Counting to 10 before starting again. A beep came from the machine but I ignore it and kept going.

I stopped. "1..2..3..4..5..6......" I stopped counting as I realised the machine was still beeping. I jumped up off Mani and watched as her chest heaved up and down. Gasping I ran out of the room screaming for a doctor as tears started to fall down.