cold hands ;warm heart

Sat in the alley , it is hard to find peace in my rushing mind . The patter of rain is eventually drowned out , and I sit there until my clothes are sodden .

I don't remember when I started to doze off ,but a sudden cold hand rests on my shoulder. I should know from the shoes who the hand belongs to -no one else wears daisies in between the laces - but it takes me a second to gain enough strength to look up .

"Prouvaire? " the words escape my lips as the poet smiles gently down at me

Jehan merely nods and silently offers his hand; A gesture of goodwill and no ill intent .

I take his hand ,following him home . I tell him of the events of today ...

His response is not one I expect

"Enjolras, with the matters of the heart , it may be that you'll find people may see only the things they want to see ... for example, Combeferre still hasn't noted my advances , nor Courfeyrac 's for that matter ... alas I digress; you must let Ép choose for herself -one cannot force these things "

It made sense . Jehan always made sense ,no matter what he said . I intended to go back to her straight away ,but his lilting voice warned me otherwise " she is hurting Enjolras - don't deepen the wound by pulling the knife out . "

His hand took mine as he said this , cold as ever . I shivered . "Prouvaire, why must your hands be so frozen ?"

"Cold hands ;warm heart my dear " he smirks, before patting my cheek "get some rest ,go to her tomorrow. "

I nodded in agreement, and lay down on his sofa , reading the poetry scattered on the walls ... if this was what I had to do to win Éponine back , then I would do it ,no matter what .

Oh my stars it's been a while ! Thank you to everyone who's read ! Apologies for my hiatus ! Xxx