01 ENCOUNTER

ONE ENCOUNTER
song of the chapter-
no sense by sam kim

park siyeon

excitement filled my heart as the numbers continued to rise. i was eager, it felt like i was going to explode any minute.

ding.

the elevator doors opened and i sprinted into the halls, looking for room number 826. my eyes roamed from number to number.. 824.. 825.. my heart rate was becoming faster.

until finally.. room 826.

i inhaled deeply before grabbing the key out of my purse and sliding it into the keyhole. i slowly opened the door while peeking inside, light from the opposite side of the room blinded me from here. i instinctively covered my face with my hand as i walked in with my suitcase.

ah. the smell of a fresh, cleaned, newly owned apartment.

i took my hands off of my face slowly to see the living room. i gawked, knowing that everything i was about to see was all mine. i slid my shoes off before jumping onto the couch and letting out a breath of relief.

"ah, after all these years." i closed my heavy eyelids and relaxed, planning out my new life here in busan. i would get a job walking distance from here, make new friends, graduate all of my classes wit-

"who are you?" i bolted up from my position. am i hearing things? i slowly turned to the source of the sound only to come across a boy. he had soft features, slightly tinted lips, brown, parted hair, and dark eyes. he was wearing some light grey sweatpants and a white, short sleeved t-shirt, the boy looked around my age, 18.

"uh this is my apartment room.." i said nervously and locked eyes with him. he stared at me weirdly before moving his gaze to the ceiling.

"ah well this is actually my apartment, you see." he rubbed the back of his neck before throwing me a small smile. i couldn't help but smile back, even though my mind was a mess right now.

"..what?" i got up from my spot on the couch and grabbed my key from my purse again. "i have the key to this room...?" i walked up to him and showed him the key.

"what the fuck..." he mumbled as he grabbed the key from my hand and inspected it, turning it in every angle possible. he reached into his pocket and pulled out a key similar to the one i was given. "oh.. well maybe we should tell the front desk about this?" he gave me the key back and looked at me curiously.

"haha... yeah." i said quietly. we both just stood there until he broke the silence again.

"well.. let's go now then." he walked past me and into the hallway, i mimicked his steps until we reached the front desk.

"ah.. we're so sorry!" the manager looked flushed and grabbed the two of our keys before anxiously looking at the computer below him. he started to type things in, he was so fast i couldn't tell what he was typing. "... i'm sorry for the inconvinience but we do not have any more rooms available for now.." the manager didn't dare make eye contact with the either of us. i looked at the boy, coincidently, he looked back. i smiled nervously and rubbed the back of my neck. "i can either refund one of the two of you or you can live together until another room becomes available.. i'm so sorry." the manager finally looked up at the two of us.

"ah.. well even if they refund it, it won't be enough for another apartment.." i said looking at the boy. he nodded and looked down in thought.

"we can just live together for now, contact us immediently once another room is open, thank you!" the boy bowed slightly before looking at me and walking away. i mimicked his actions before following him to our new room.

[ end of ONE ENCOUNTER ]

-unedited-

authors note:
ahh i'm actually quite excited for this, i hope you guys are toooooooo .