/fourteen/

IT HAS BEEN two weeks since our visit to Manchester. Megan has decided to move in with me permanently and we are currently settled and renting a place in Chester. I've been far too tired lately to even think about travelling so I've decided to just take a break for a bit.

     The lads have been immensely busy for the last two weeks. They've been preparing for their tour in America so I've barely seen Van. But I'm not complaining, he's doing what he loves. It's my cousins birthday next week so me and Van are flying to Dublin for the weekend.

I want to make a trip out of it. I want to show Van where I grew up. I want to show him all the old places I used to hang around in. Like the old footy field I used to go down to every Friday afternoon with my mates. I had called Ryan earlier in the week and we made plans to meet up on the Friday for a match. I hadn't told Van yet but I was excited to see how well he could play. I was shit at football and I hadn't been feeling the best over the past few weeks so I decided that I'd sit this match out.

     "Are you happy to be going back?" Van had asked that Wednesday night as I packed my bag. It had turned out that the lads were to play a small intimate gig tomorrow so Van would be getting a flight on the Friday morning instead of the Thursday like me.

     "I wouldn't say happy," I replied as I zipped up my rucksack, "I mean I'm excited to see my family again but this is my home now." I say as I dump my bag by my bedroom door.

     "This?" He raised an eyebrow as he grabbed me by the waist sending us both tumbling onto my bed.

     "Yes this, here with you."

~

     "Goodbye my love!" Van sobbed dramatically as we stood at the airport doors.

     "You're such an idiot Van." I shake my head but I can't stop the smile from spreading across my face.

     "But I'm your idiot." He stated grinning like a little kid.

     "Yes, unfortunately you are." I roll my eyes playfully.

     "C'mere love," he gestures for me to come closer as he wraps his arms around me, "you know I'll miss you, right? Even though you're only gonna be gone for a day."

     "I'll miss you too Van. I really will."

     An hour and a half later and I've landed in Dublin. It feels like I've stepped out into another continent when I exit the airport. It feels so different being back in Ireland. It's like another world, and not the place I spent the first 21 years of my life in.

     Ryan was supposed to be picking me up. Apparently my parents had gone on a month long cruise last week so I'd have the house to myself. I'd left Megan back in Chester solely to look after my dog Hollie, who she had brought over with her when she moved in. Okay so maybe I didn't leave Megan back in Chester, i had told her she was more than welcome to join our little trip but she declined.

     Eventually I spotted Ryan in his silver Golf and began making my way over to the car. I dumped my bag in the back seat before hopping in the passenger seat. "Alright mate, thanks for picking me up."

     "No problem. So how was the flight?" He asked as we began the short drive back to swords.

     "Surprisingly quick! It flew by." I say taking out my phone and turning it off aeroplane mode before texting Van letting him know that I'd arrived safely.

     "So where's Van? Thought he was coming with you?"

     "He's got a gig tonight so he's flying over tomorrow morning, I've to pick him up at ten."

     Not even five minutes later we pull up to my parents house. I thank him and ask him to let me know what time the footy match is on at tomorrow before hopping out if the car. It feels like it's been years since I've last been in this house. Everything seems different yet it's the exact same that it was all those months ago when I left.

     It doesn't take me long to settle back into the house. After all, I did spend my entire life in this place. At around half eight I decided to go out for a walk. I had been growing antsy and fidgety sitting in the house all day. I was planning on going down to visit Reese before her birthday on Saturday but I'll just go down tomorrow before I've to pick up Van.

     Not even a half an hour into my walk I bump into an old mate of mine. Matthew had been a good friend of mine for as long as I can remember. We were in the same class all through secondary school which was good. "Jess!? Haven't seen you around in a while!"

     "Ah yeah, am living in Chester now." I smile softly.

     "So how've you been?" He asks smiling brightly.

     Just as I'm about to reply my phone goes off. I take a glance at it and immediately my cheeks turn two shades darker.

     Van: you know when you're gone I struggle at night, dreams of you fucking me all the time

     "You alright Jess?" Matthew questions.

     "Yeah sorry, that was just my boyfriend. But yeah I'm good, really good. How are you?" An hour later I'm on my walk again. Still thinking about that silly text Van had sent me, he's seriously such a nutter. I pull my phone out to call him but realise that he's probably on stage right now. So instead I send him a quick text telling him to call me when he's free.

It's at eleven in the evening when my phone rings out. I'm lying on the sofa in the kitchen flicking through the music channels on the telly. Just when I land on a channel playing cheat on me by the cribs Van calls. I fumble around for my phone which had fallen down the side of the sofa.

I swipe the screen to answer and immediately I'm hit with; "Jess."

And I don't think I'll ever grow tired of him saying my name.

~~

yo yo yo guess who's back? Sarah's back with a brand new chapter y'all. *coughs* sorry about that, I'm just in a super good mood rn. I'm working on a new Van fic! I can't wait for you guys to read it, I'm really excited about it!

Does anyone wanna know the name of it?

Thank you for over 1k reads my lovelies,
Until next time,

Stay sexy xxx