1

started: 28/04/2016
finished: 08/05/2016

Taehyung was Jimin's high school sweetheart.

He fell hard for the younger boy and it took two years for him to have the guts to confess his feelings.

Luckily for him, Taehyung wanted to be with Jimin even though he didn't know if he was gay or not. He just loved being in the presence of the older.

Jimin is bisexual.

After dating the red haired boy for a while, Taehyung soon realised that he was gay, dating girls wasn't even an option for him anymore.

They dated for a good two years until the day came for them to come out to their parents, the day where their relationship was put to an end.

Jimin's mother couldn't accept them, she didn't want her son to throw away his future of having a wife and kids for some guy who he thought he loved.

Likewise, Taehyung's father labelled their relationship as unnatural and wrong, forcing it to an end.

It hurt for both of them.

But they had no choice.

They ended their relationship.

But they continued their friendship no matter how much it hurt.

A year had passed and they both graduated from high school, still only as best friends, hiding their feelings.

In that last year of high school, Jimin's mother introduced him to her friend's daughter and they got along well. They went on a few dates until they pursued a relationship.

Taehyung was happy for his friend. He finally got a chance at happiness.

On their graduation day, they went out to celebrate with a group of their friends, the group that their whole school life with.

Everyone knew about the couple's previous relationship and were wishing so badly for it to work out. When they were told that it was over and when Jimin's girlfriend was introduced, it broke their hearts.

They knew that Jimin loved Taehyung.

It was unfair for him.

That night, the group decided to leave Jimin and Taehyung alone for a bit so they could talk.

Jimin told Taehyung how sorry he was, that he didn't mean for it to get to this point.

Taehyung told him that it was okay, he was allowed to fall for someone else since they weren't together anymore.

But he still cried.

Jimin did too, holding the younger in his arms.

When they were 20, Jimin's mother held a small party, saying she had an announcement.

As if it wasn't obvious.

The minute that him and his friends were invited and when Yerim, Jimin's girlfriend was invited, Taehyung knew exactly what was going on.

And he was dreading every second of it.

During the party, Jimin's mother called them all to backyard, ready to announce the news, pulling Jimin and Yerim to her side.

The moment the word engaged was said, Taehyung's heart shattered.

But he knew this was to come one day.

Jimin wasn't his anymore.

"The wedding will be next year" She announced, seeing that the preparation for her only son's wedding would take a while.

All Taehyung could do was smile and congratulate the couple.

As he walked over the two, a piece of him dying with every step, he swallowed the pain in his chest as he wished them all the best for the future.

He didn't look at Jimin.

He couldn't.

He knew if he did, he'd break down into tears.

Yerim smiled brightly at him, thanking him before linking her arm with Jimin's.

Taehyung knew he had to get out of there before he fell apart so he did.

And he didn't speak to Jimin for the rest of that night.

The build up to the wedding was quite intense for everyone.

They all had certain jobs that had to be completed for the big day, some needed to be completed in advance and some that could be done nearer to the day.

It was about a month before the wedding, almost a year since the big announcement and about four years since Taehyung and Jimin had ended their relationship.

By this point, Taehyung had let out all his pain and got to the point where he didn't think he could hurt anymore.

It was permanent pain but now it was just numbing pain. It was there and would always hurt but he was past the point of feeling the pain.

His friends and parents advised him to get into another relationship but he physically couldn't.

He didn't want to.

He'd finally accepted the fact that Jimin was getting married and wasn't going to be his but he wasn't ready to put his heart into another relationship.

Not yet.

Maybe he'd never be ready, is what he thought.

But as he learnt, the future is unpredictable.

~

A/N: this is part one, it's not over.

Its gonna be a short story

Its only 7 chapters and since it's Monday (here anyway) I will update every day this week until Sunday, the end ^-^

Only this chapter was written without dialogue and stuff bc it was just an intro to what happened in the past

The story will continue in the present