IX // I'm Allergic to People

Začít od začátku

"Oh." She blushes. "Well I wouldn't really know, I spent most of the night with Remus."

SHE BLOODY WHAT?

Calm, Evelyn. Calm. "You, uh, what?"

"Yeah, I asked him to dance, and well, I think he likes me."

I think I may need a considerable amount of time to recover from this betrayal. Can I say: Dorcas the Betrayer?

All of a sudden, Dorcas' awfully dreamily-looking face and my most probably SHELL-SHOCKED one were interrupted, for some reason, by Hol Buggery.

"Uh, hi, Eva. And Meadowes," he said, shuffling side to side. 

"Buggery," said Dorcas with a glare. 

Huh?

"Anyway, Eva, I was wondering if you'd had any more thought about those charms?"

Ahh. That would be a no.

"Hollard!" Came a screech from the other side of the hall. "Where have you been? I've been looking for you everywhere!"

Why do all of these people feel the need to join my breakfast?

The girl walks over, and I feel like I've seen her before. Her hair is like a dark red except I don't think it's natural. But it looks really good which is really annoying, because she seems annoying. Anyway.

She grabs Hol's arm and turns to face us, smiling oddly. "Hello, Eva."

I stare at her blankly. I feel like I should know her name, but I really don't.

She raises an eyebrow. "Hello? Isadora James? We're in the same year? I'm in Hufflepuff."

Ahh. That's why she seemed familiar. "Ahh, yes, I remember you now. You're the girl who's almost sort of not really as good as me at charms."

"Excuse me?" She looks incredulous. "You're not better than I am."

EXCUSE ME?

"Actually, there's no one quite as good at charms as Bishop here," added Black.

Wait, Black? When did he turn up? 

"Morning everyone," Black grinned, sitting on top of the Gryffindor table. "What brings this odd collection of people here this fine day?"

"We were just leaving," replied Isadora, attempting to drag Hol away from our little gathering.

"Actually, hang on Iz, I need to talk to Eva," interrupted Hol. "I need to ask her about charms for my project."

"I can answer your questions perfectly fine," Isadora glared at me, "I probably know more than she does anyway."

HOLD YOUR BLOODY HORSES WOMAN!

"Whoah, Izzie, don't say anything too hasty," said Black, jumping off the table and coming to stand behind them. "I've got a rather excellent idea, actually. Why don't Buggery and Bishop go off and talk charms, and we can recreate our broom cupboard moment of last year, shall we?"

If Remus was here, he would have choked on something.

Luckily we had the ever eloquent Hollard Eustace Buggery, who turned red in the face and managed to splutter out a, "You said you'd never had a boyfriend before!" 

To which Isadora replied, "I haven't! Snogging a couple times doesn't count as a boyfriend," and proceeded to dragged Hol's protesting body out of the great hall.

"Well that was fun," grinned Black, "let's do it again some time, shall we?" 

Wednesday