Chapter 15: New Life

Start from the beginning

I walked to the bathroom and got in the shower. I put on my black leggings and a red crop top that said DVMN PIGEON. My red and black Supras and a Red Snapback. I walked out my room and got on the elevator. It opened and I stepped in and saw Chris inside.

" Well hello. " I said smiling.

" Hey, we meet again. " He said returning the smile. " Where you headed to.? "

" To go get something to eat. Do you know any good restaurants around here.? " I asked.

" Yeah actually I was just about to head to Chipotlè. Why don't you come with me. "

" That'll be great.! I haven't been to Chipotlè in a long time. "

" Well I'll be happy to have the company of such a beautiful lady. "

" Why thank you.! Your such a gentleman. " I said blushing.

" Aw did I make you blush.? " he said chuckling.

" No, I don't blush ever. " I said.

" It sure is taking a while to get to the first floor. " he said.

" Yeah why are we just now hitting the second floor.? "

" Probably people tapping the elevator button to much. " he said.

" Well we're on the first floor now. "

" Well let's go. "

We got out of the elevator and he led me out the door. We walked down the sidewalk and I noticed we were in the mini hood part. I saw some wanna-be walking down the street with bandanas tied around their heads. I sighed and chuckled.

" What's so funny.? " Chris asked looking at me.

" Them. " I said looking over in their direction.

" What's so funny about them.? " he asked furrowing his brow.

" Well I'm from the Southside of Chicago , in the REAL hood. And they're just some wanna-be mini thugs. Like they don't even have the bandanas tied the right way it's precious. " I said laughing harder.

" Wow I guess you really know the streets huh.? " he said.

" Yeah, ever since I was a little girl. "

" Wow.! Well we're at Chipotle. Let's go inside. " he said grabbing my hand and leading me inside.

When he grabbed my hand I felt blood rise in my cheeks. We got a table and sat down.

" So what are you getting.? " he asked looking at the menu.

PAUSE.

Ok so I've never been inside of Chipotle , I always got it to go. SO bear with me if I get some things wrong.

PLAY.

" Um I think I'll get bur.....a um...a burrito. " I said blinking back tears.

" What's wrong Yn.? " he asked.

" Uh nothing it's just that me and my friend would always go to Chipotle back in Chicago and we would always order a big burrito. And I just really miss him. " I said.

" Oh well why don't you call him.? " he asked.

" I wish it was that simple. When I left we were kind of on a bad note. I told him that I forgave him , but I don't think I'm ready to talk to him just yet. "

'' Oh I'm sorry. What he did, was it really bad.? " 

I sighed.

" Yes, it was. But can we not talk about it right now.? " I asked.

" Sure Yn. But you shuold talk to him before something bad happens. "

Hmm before something bad happens.

Roc POV

I walked up to my mom's house and knocked on the door. She opened it and her eyes widened when she saw me.

" Roc is something wrong.? "

" Mom, yes there is. "

" Well, come in baby. "

I went in and sat on the couch.

" What's wrong baby.? " she asked sitting next to me.

" Mom , Desiree isn't pregnant. She never was. " I said.

" Oh, baby I'm sorry. I just thought what I did at the time was right. You can move back in. " she said.

" No mom, I can't. When you kicked me out I became a man. And when I became a man I made some grown man decisions. And some of those decisions have had negative consequences that are coming into action right now. "

" Roc baby what do you mean.? " she asked grabbing my hand.

" Mom, before Yn left we broke up because she caught me having s^x with Desiree. " I said looking down.

" Roc.. "

" That's not all. That night when we had s^x, Desiree gave me an STD. " I said lowly.

" How bad is it.? " she asked with tears streaming out of her eyes.

" This morning I found out that it was HIV/AIDS. "

" Oh Chresanto.! " my mom cried pulling me into a hug. " Why would you be so careless. "

By now tears were rolling down my cheeks too.

" I don't know and I'm sorry Momma. " I said hugging her back.

" Baby, I can't believe this. " she sobbed.

" Me either momma. But this is real. And I'm sorry for anything that I've done. And I just wanted to come and make it right. "

" Baby, you'll always be my baby boy. My miracle child. You know how the story goes so I'm not going to tell it. Chresanto Lorenzo Romello August, I love you and if your here or there you'll always be my son no matter what decisions you make. "

" Thanks mom. "

" Your welcome sweety. "

I left my mom's house and got into my car. I sighed and put my head on my steering wheel. I cried a little because I know HIV/AIDS is inncureable. I have to live with this for the rest of my life. I just hope God let's me live aa little longer.

------------------------------------------------

Comment your thoughts about this chapter.

15+ comments to continue