Answers

Chapter 6

Answers

Lillyal sat up in bed the next morning still in her clothes from the hospital. She rummaged around in her bedside table looking for some paper and a pen (eventually) she found some and began her list:

Then she had another flashback... A silver ring with a small, glowing, green stone set in the heart of a tree; along with this ring came a sense of loss so profound, that it left her breathless. Swallowing the lump formed in her throat she hastily added

where is my ring?

When nothing else happened she quickly got ready and jogged downstairs to have breakfast. Only to find her Mum cooking pancakes and singing along to the radio.

"Erm...Who are you and what have you done with my Mother?" She asked thoroughly weirded out by the situation.

"Hahaha." Came the deeply sarcastic reply as Lillyal sat down at the bench.

"Would you like some?" Her Mum asked indicating with a dripping spatula to the pancakes.

"I'd love some." Lillyal replied earnestly.

"Hey Mum?" She started.

"That's my name." Her Mum replied turning to face her.

"Uhh?" Lillyal sighed "Never mind." she finished not want to ruin the moment by asking questions. Her Mum shrugged and said

"Here." Before putting some pancakes on a plate.

"Thanks but I gotta eat e'm on the run; I'll be late otherwise." Lillyal explained. After kissing her Mum goodbye she walked out the still peeling red door and towards the bus stop munching on a pancake all the while. By the time the bus came around she had finished and was ready to tackle the day. She got onto the rickety yellow vehicle and sat in her usual seat, but instead of opening a book (as she did every other day) she waited for the boys to get on. It wasn't until halfway to her school that Lillyal realised that they hadn't been at their stop and that the bus had kept going.

'Strange' she thought, shrugging to herself she got out her book and began to read. When Lillyal got off the bus she saw that Cole had waited for her again.

"Well hello there." She said standing behind him and putting on her best sexy voice. Cole turned around a shocked expression on his face. He realised who it was and started laughing"Hahaha, I thought someone was about to assault me!" He exclaimed.

"Honey you're so easy." She replied sassily. Cole backed her up against the gate and smirked.

"So are you... honey ." He said his deep voice giving her goose bumps, he winked and took a step back. Lillyal walked behind him confused as to whether she was happy or disappointed that he stepped away.