Remembering

Chapter 4

Remembering

Lillyal got on the bus the next morning; thinking that the meeting with Hero and his friends was just another of the strange dreams she had had the previous night. When she felt someone sit next to her she groaned inwardly.

"What can I do for..." She looked up "Rob?! Oh man, it wasn't a dream."

"Does that mean you think I'm dreamy?" He replied wiggling his eyebrows. She smiled

"Not a chance in the world sweetheart." Condescending and sarcastic as always.

"Which world?" He asked; obviously proud of his comeback before realising what he'd said "DAMMIT! Not even two minutes. Matt your baton."

"Got it." Matt replied switching seats with an embarrassed Rob.

"What did he say this time?" he asked turning to Lillyal.

"Nothing. Is he into aliens?"

"Umm. No, why?"

"He said which world. As far as I know there's only one."

"Don't listen to him. I think he was dropped on his head as a child."

"That would certainly explain a few things." She replied reciving a boyish grin that made Matt's already handsome face look devilishly so. He turned his head to face the front as Lillyal scanned the bus and after a second found that Hero and Eugene we're also passengers.

"So, are you guys related?" She asked facing the front also.

"Who guys?" Matt replied confused. Then it clicked "Ohh! Those guys. Yeeees." She raised her eyebrow a his scepticism.

"Riiight." She replied imitating his tone, hardly convinced. There was a long pause "You don't talk much do you?"

"No. Out of all of us Hero and I are the most serious." After noticing her dubious expression, he added "I know what you're thinking. It's true. It's just that Hero knows how to turn it off, I don't." Lillyal noticed the sadness in his beautiful grey eyes as he observed the difference between Hero and himself.

"Well girls go for that here. Just act mysterious aswell and you'll have them drooling at your feet." She explained trying to lift his spirits. It worked and she was rewarded with another grin. Lillyal and Matt spent the rest of the bus ride in companionable silence. When they got to school Lillyal was surprised to find Cole waiting at the gates; she was even more amazed when he feel into step beside her as she walked into the school.

"Ummm. Hi?" She said more a question than a statement.

"Hello." He replied cheerfully

"Were you...Um... Waiting for me just then?" She stammered timidly.

"Nah," he replied sarcastically and obviously trying to calm her nerves. "I just like hanging around the school gates like a derro."

Lillyal rolled her eyes more comfortable now.

"So," he asked "what ya got today?"

She groaned "Double Algebra, Science, English and double Art."

He chuckled "Sounds like fun."

"Yeah. Whoopee!" She exclaimed with fake enthusiasm, twirling her index finger in the air as she did. They reached Lillyal's locker and to her astonishment Cole started opening the one to her right.

"What are you doing?!" She exclaimed; horrified that she was about to bear witness to a prank.

"Calm down," Cole said noticing her expression "I changed lockers." He opened the locker revealing it's contents "See? My stuff's in here now."