Chapter Five

N/ update! So this chapter has a quite strong scene, where violence and strong language are involved. Im really sorry, but the story goes this way, so if you're not comfortable with that topic, read at your own risk. Im updating from my phone so sorry for any typos!.
Enjoy! And thanks for reading!

...

The moment I closed the front door a trembling sigh escaped my lips.

I sat down, letting my back come in contact with the coldness of the wooden door. I let my head fall down in between my hands as I curled up like a frightened, wet kitten.

I started to sob again and I was tired of doing the same thing over and over again. My eyelids felt heavy and all I wanted to do was sleep, but I couldn't.

I somehow managed to come home after what happened, without being seen by Jen or even worse by Logan. I knew that I couldn't stay at school anymore, and I wasn't in the right mental and emotional state to listen the teachers, without breaking down.

On my way home , It started to rain. "How lucky I am" I thought to myself at the moment. It seems like the weather is matching with my feelings, it's like the weather is the reflection of what I'm feeling right now. Cliché I know, but It seems like It to me.

They say that after every storm, there comes a rainbow, but It seems like in my life, after every storm, there comes another one, worse than before.

I felt exhausted, I was cold and I was kinda hungry.

I got up stumbling a little.

Fortunarely my parents weren't home. My mom was out with my aunt for groceries, I saw her leave before entering in the house, and thank God she didn't see me or I would have to explain everything to her.
My also called father was at work. He usually comes home late, so at the moment I wasn't worried about him showing up.

I started to go upstairs, heading to my room, and on my way there, I stopped when I saw the reflection of myself on the big mirror  that was placed in the wall in between the stairs and the front door.

And what I saw was horrendous. My long brown hair was a living mess, at the top It was like glued to my head due to the rain and slightly greasy and at the bottom It was tangled.

My eyes darted to my face, where my make up, that consisted in only some mascara and foundation, was smeared all over my face, making me look like a panda and making the dark circles under my eyes more evident.

My face was flushed due to all that crying, but the worst part of all that were my eyes : they were lifeless. They were so dark, like the things that they have seen before, and the emotions behind them were so many and so different, that mixed together, they made It impossible for anyone to decipher them. All these emotions were negative ones, like fear, stress, anxiety, uncertainty, weakness and anger.

My clothes were soaking, and from the mirror I could see the line of water that they let behind me as I walked.

Sighing I continued walking toward the bathroom, to take off my clothes in order to not male wet my bedroom's carpet too.