Chapter One ~Incident~

Give this story a chance guys, please? I promise you won't think it's cliche by the time you reach Chapter Six!! :DD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Time separates some people in order that they grow into the people that they were meant to be for each other later in life.”

-Anonymous

Chapter One ~Incident~:

"Mother fudger!" I was panting like a dog after a five kilometer jog...the only difference was I had mouthwash in my mouth. I grimaced at the taste. "What the eff did they put in there?"

                "I know, right?" My mom asked as she coughed beside me. The tangy taste of the Plax mouthwash was still prominent on my tongue, making it burn. "It's like a jar full of pepper. Who in their right minds would buy 'ultra strong but effective' mouthwash? All mouthwashes are the same. They only say those for profit and more customers."

                "Agreed." I laced my arm through hers and we proceeded on with our shopping, our coughing and hevaing behind us. My mom talked about her work. She worked as a lawyer and had some interesting cases lately that brought her out of Virginia. She was leaving again next Monday, right before school starts. Sucks, right?

                When we passed the guard at the front of the grocery store on the way to the meat area, I suddenly felt uneasy. It was like his beady eyes were locked on me, trying to weasel the truth out of me.

                I sighed quietly. The truth...the truth was about me being in training for joining a gang. Yes, when I say gang, I mean those kinds you see with big leaders and always create problems for the government. I glanced at my mom who was still talking about her work and sighed again silently.

                If I told her about me being part of a gang, she would have been devastated. She wouldn't want to know her only daughter wanted to be like those people. She would have wanted her to go to a great college and have a great career.

                Thank God I stopped my training now or who knows what would have happened.

                "Oh, look, Ari! The meat's on sale! I gotta get in there!" She broke me out of my thoughts and ran towards the people but before she got thoroughly lost in the crowd, she threw over her shoulder. "Watch over the cart!"

                I chuckled. "What do you thinking I'm doing? Frying fish?"

                But she didn't hear me. She was already too engrossed with hauling the meat in. I rolled my eyes. Seriously? All that excitement for just meat that's fifty percent off?

                I pulled out my iPod and scrolled down until I saw Adele's 'Set Fire To The Rain'. I was in love with that song. It described the way I was with Riley Summers two years ago. I know I shouldn't be living in the past but to be honest; those were happier times...until Kasey Gonzales ruined everything.

                "'Cause I set fiiree to the rain. Watch it burn as I touch you faacee!" I belted out the chorus, grinning like a maniac. Then I began humming the rest of the words because although that was my favorite song, I didn't take the time to search the lyrics.

                I was in the second verse when I tried imitating the faint drums at the back ground. I was still conscious I was in the store with people passing by me so all the moves I was doing and the lyrics I was still singing were all done quietly.