day twenty two (part two)-

Dean Ambrose-

The rain was lashing, lashing so hard that no matter how fast the windscreen wipers moved, the water would not clear on the car, visibility was low, it was dangerous.

"Dean, slow down. . please." She looked over at me, I glanced for a moment before pressing my foot harder against the gas.

"I won't crash, I just have to get you there." I promised braking at a red light, damn it. Why was the world against me? I just wanted to get to the hospital.

"I'm okay. ." She breathed harshly and I knew the clock in my mind was ticking, each second that passed was closer to me not making it, and I needed to get her the best nurses possible. "It. . it was just my water. ."

"Are you hot? Do you need colder AC?" I rushed after speeding up again, I knew I was well over the speed limit, but the police could do nothing, not to stop me from getting to the hospital and making sure both of them are okay.

The rain was like something from a movie, I'd never seen it so heavy. Vegas is usually so beautiful, even at this time of night. But the odds were against me yet again. Nothing ran smoothly. But right now, nothing would hold me back, I would make sure, that I watched over her with every being in my body.

I couldn't loose her, not like Mickey. Not again.

"Argh!" Suddenly she yelled, lifting her body from the passenger seat in pain, I sped up, honking the horn as cars cussed me out as I passed.

"Dean. ." She cried, changing in attitude suddenly. "Hurry!"

We were only five minutes away now, but the casino and nighttime traffic of living in the middle of Vegas was hitting hard. Sometimes I wished I'd have taken her advice to live in Palmdale like she'd suggested. But it was too quiet, and we'd grown to love this place.

Although I despised it right now.

"Goddamn traffic, move!" She screamed in anger, I felt helpless. I had almost chewed off all of the skin on my lip and pierced the leather of the steering wheel with my nails in pure angst and worry.

"It's okay baby, we'll get there. . just breathe. ." I ran my hand down her arm soft,y as we stopped once more. Cars beeping all around as we stopped at a junction.

"Don't touch me!" She warned slapping me away. Her hormones were now too much for me to deal with. I rolled down my window, yelling at any driver who could see me, they mostly swore back but I was beyond determined.

"Get out the way!" I yelled along with a string of curse words. "My girlfriend's in fucking labour you assholes!"

Nothing had changed, the rain was bucketing and I was now soaking wet from sticking myself out of the car window, desperate for the traffic to move again. Nobody moved for another few minutes and I was now impatient.

My girlfriend was screaming bloody murder and abusing everything and anything in sight with profanities as she cried and I could do nothing but punch the door with my fist and pound my hand relentlessly against the horn.

"Fuck this shit." I yelled rolling the window back up, I reversed, hitting the bumper of the car behind marginally. Without a care I drove out of the queue of our traffic and up the grassy divide in the road. After pulling into a slightly less congested lane I swerved between the two at a greater speed than ever before.

People were angry, and beyond. They were swearing at me with gestures through the windows, yelling, but I had no time to notice as I practically broke every law in the book just to get my girlfriend and our unborn child somewhere safe.