If I Stayed

Billy handed Wanda, Pietro, and Clint a cup of hot chocolate. 

"What's the last thing you guys remember?" Tommy asked.

"Uh.. we were fighting MODOK and Red Skull and then Amber appeared out of no where and shot us."

Kathrine looked at Billy, worried.

"We need to find her and help." Wanda  looked at her cup when her brother spoke. 

"That's the thing we can't..... not anymore."

Wanda looked up, confused. America swallowed as she looked at the three avengers. "That happened five years ago."

Pietro, Clint, and Wanda looked at the teens in shock. "How?" Clint manged to get out. "And how did you all manged to get out?"

"We didn't." Kathrine looked at Clint. "We were frozen in ice with you and the other avengers."

"How did you get o-"

"Rebecca, she got billy and me  out but she was killed at least I think."

"Did Amber kill her?" Wanda blurted out as  her eyes fulled with sadness.

"No, Loki did."

"What do you mean Loki? I thought her was in Asgard-" Tommy interrupted Clint.

"He's now the ruler of earth."

"What?!" 

"Where's Amber!" Wanda shouted as she got to her feet.

"No where to be found." Billy answered as he clenched his fist. 

"Where are  the rest of the Avengers?" she asked him.

"Still in ice somewhere. Amber was smart enough to place them in different locations."

"How did you find us?" 

"Luck." he answered.

Amber dropped her weapon and ran off. She wouldn't have enough time to get out if they awake up. It's a good thing that the Joker and Harley aren't home right now cause that would have  made things  more difficult. Amber kept running until she knew she would be safe. Amber stopped at a fair where she saw parents with their children laughing and having fun.  Amber borrowed an adults phone so she could call Roy to come and get her. 

~Mount Justice ~

Roy paced around the kitchen as Dick searched through all the cameras in  Gotham for a sign of Taylor. He phone ranged and Roy quickly  answered it.

"Hello?"

"Roy! Thank god you answered."

"Taylor?! Where are you? You ok?"

"Roy! I'm fine I just don't know where I am right now." 

"Taylor are you still in Gotham?"

"I don't know."

"Ok, Taylor I'm going to put you on speaker."

Roy did so and placed the phone on kitchen counter. The first thing the team heard was music.

"Taylor can you describe where you are?" Aqua lad asked.

Taylor didn't answer and Roy thought that the call was cut off but he still heard the music. The next thing Roy heard were screams. 

"Taylor?"

The next thing the team heard heavy breathing  coming from the other end of the call. 

Amber ran out of harms way. How is this even possible? Amber thought as she glanced behind her. The joker found her. She run towards the parking lot and hided behind one of the many cars. 

"Roy?"Amber whispered into the phone. "I'm at a fair somewhere in Gotham." Amber glanced around checking if anyone was looking. "You need to come here at once and bring your-"

"There you are!" Harley jumped  out from behind a car. Amber jumped at the sound of her voice and quickly tried to hide the phone. 

"Taylor!?" Roy shouted from the phone.

"How did you find me?"  

Harley didn't answer instead she grabbed Amber by her hair and started dragging her back to the fair. Along the way Amber dropped the phone.

 She just hoped Roy would come as soon as possible.

Wanda watched as people ran towards building trying to escape from the rain that was pouring down. Pietro quietly walked into the room and rested against the door frame and stared at his younger twin. 

"Is there something wrong?" He asked startling her. "Sorry."he quickly added.

Wanda give him a soft smile. "Do you remember what day it is?" She asked as she went back to staring at the window.

"I think Billy said it was  November eighth." 

Wanda smiled. "Do you know what tomorrow is?"  Wanda whispered. Pietro thought for a moment then realization hit him. 

"Your Daughter's birthday." Pietro said softly. 

"She's going to be turning seventeen." Wanda rested her head against the window. "The day I was going to tell her everything."   

"Wanda-"

"Now look....everything changed so fast it's all because I left my daughter."

"Wanda you could have never known that she would take this path."

Wanda closed her eyes.

"If I stayed with her instead of..." She swallowed and the continued."...leaving her everything would be different."

Pietro stayed silent.

 He knew she was right.