Job?

"What are doing here?" Amber asked as she took a few steps backward and bumped into the wall. Loki walked into the moonlight with a grin on his pale face, "Shouldn't you be back home and I don't know running your kingdom?" Amber asked. 

"I'm not ready here, child."

"Oh, your using magic aren't you?"

He smiled, "I just wanted to check up on you." 

"Why? You don't trust me with the  light or something?"

"It's not that. It's just that you have been gone for awhile."

"Well duh, who knows how long I'm going to be here but I can't do my job if I have to sneak away to see you."

"What do you about this so-called Young Justice so far?"

"Well there this thing called kryptonite that can talk down Supergirl, Superman, and it just hurts Superboy. Though Superboy acts before he thinks and I don't know if that would help at all. Megan is affected by fire,  which is ironic I mean who would have guessed that a girl from Mars can be affected by heat."

"Is that all?" Loki didn't sound impressed at all.

"I'm working on it," Amber replied. 

"Have you even befriend them?"

"No, should I?"

"Yes, you are going to earn their trust so it gets to the point they trust you with their life."

Amber nodded, "I'll try."

"Oh and one more thing."

Amber stood still and listened intently. 

"Find a way for the leader of that childish team to like you."

Amber raised an eyebrow, "Why?"

"To use him my dear child and so you make sure that you stay in that team for as long as you can until we put the plans in play."

"You mean when the light puts the plans in play."

"Yes." 

"Fine, I'll try but it's not going to be easy."

Loki grinned, "It might be easier than you think."

Amber looked at him amused as a smile appeared on her face. 

"Now go create chaos my little demon,"  Loki ordered as he slowly disappeared into thin air and Amber headed towards Staring City.

9 weeks later

Amber did what Loki requested and the team was starting to open up to her. But she wasn't having much luck with Nightwing who seemed to be shutting her out like Barbara. She found it interesting but there was bound to be people who didn't like her at all and Barbara and Nightwing just happened to be some of them. As she spent more and more time with the team she was starting to have second thoughts about betraying them. Mainly because Amber seemed to become closer to Robin. She didn't know  what it was about him but she feels comfortable around him maybe even more so than Kara.   

Kara and Amber were both eating in silence when Kara spoke up, "So Amber I was thinking that you should get a job."

"A job?"

"Yeah, maybe as an assistant."

"An assistant?"

"I got you an interview."

"You did? But I don't think I-"

"You'll do great. It's tomorrow so you better not sleep in and wear nice clothes. " Kara said as she grabbed her plate and placed it in the sink. 

"Who  am I suppose to be assisting?" 

"Bruce Wayne."

"W-what?"

"Search him up," Kara called out from the living room.

Amber sighed and grabbed her laptop later that night and searched him up. The next morning she woke up at six in the morning because Kara had put an alarm on her phone when she wasn't looking. She took a shower, ate, and used the zeta tubes to get to Gotham. Amber had to wait her turn which for her felt like forever but when it was finally here the interview went like  any other  normal interview would. When  she walked out of the room she really hoped that she didn't get the job but  luck wasn't on her side that time.  

Once she got back to the apartment Amber dropped on the couch exhausted. Kara walked into the small living room with a smile, "So how did it go?"

"I got the job," Amber mumbled.

"You did?! Well that's fantastic!" Kara responded cheerily.

Amber groan,  "I'm going to have to wake up at five tomorrow." Amber closed her eyes, "I don't think I'm going to survive."

"You'll get used to it."

"If you say so, Kara."