Chapter 3

I know, this is a short chapter and I did not update last week. Well, I have a lot of things to blame for that... but then, I won't bore you with the list. 

Dedicated to Enjxiiblxck because she is kawaii(cute)!

Date: 20th January, 2016
Time: 04 : 37 hrs    

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....  

The loud scream woke Aaron up. He had slept in pretty late last night, or he'd rather say early this morning. Despite that, he wasn't displeased to be woken up. Rather, he was glad. He despised sleep. 'Waste of time,' he called it. But then, he was succumbed by the shadows of sleep to keep his efficiency.

"Ah, you are awake." A female exclaimed in a dull voice. She was lying upside down on the bed, her elbows propping her up. A laptop was there in front of her. Earphone in only one of her ears.

"Kiara! What are you doing here?" He asked turning his face towards her, his voice held surprise.

"This is my room. Do you really need to ask that?" She questioned back. Her eyes fixated on the screen on front of her. 

"That's not what I meant. " Aaron said, scratching his head. "Do you wake up this early everyday?"

"Perhaps." Her eyes still fixated to the screen. 

"Ah well, whatever. I am going for a walk to catch some fresh air." He said getting off the bed. 

"Hmmm... as long as you don't go to the forbidden underground caves. A meeting is going on there. " Kiara prompted Aaron. Her eyes still fixated on the screen, watching the Japanese animation.

"Who said I was going to the caves? I was just going for a walk." He said, his hands in the pocket of the night suit.

"Are you sure your walking doesn't include eyeing a certain artifact?" Kiara said, now turning sideways, looking up at his posture. The animation had been paused. 

"What makes you say that?" He stared at her. 

"Why ask a question whose answer you know I'd lie?" She shrugged, evading his question. 

That is when Aaron's eyes went on to her screen. He couldn't believe it. " Is that..."

"...Internet." She finished his sentence for him. "It is indeed. "

"But...how?" He asked, still gaping at the screen.

"No matter how high up we are, we still are on Earth, rather, much closer to the satellites. So, technically, internet can still be accessed by us. So I just did a bit of tweaking." 

"But the mobiles can neither contact people down below nor access the internet." He trailed. 

"It's not like you want to contact people down there, it's better up here, away from morons. But since you are being nice this morning, I'll tell you." She spoke, sarcasm rolling off her tongue. She took a small breathe and continued in a technical tone, "Our sim cards have a jamming signal on them. Nothing from here goes lower than the lowest point and higher than the highest point of this floating structure. So all I did was tweaked the jamming code so that I can access the signals from above the structure.  And worry not, I have proxied my connection, so no one with skills inferior than me can track me." And Aaron knew, there was no one with skills more superior than her when it came to technology.

"Duly noted." Aaron shrugged. He put on his cloak, and set off out of the room taking a different path than usual, heeding to Kiara's words. It would be unwise to not listen to her implicit advices.