Chapter 2

SURPRISE! Early update!! Well, I am going on a trip with probably no internet, so I can't take my chances with publishing my chapter. I hope you enjoy this and let me know if something remains ambiguous, for I as an amateur am a slave to your critique and feedback.

Dedicated to AllThingsPI because she deserves it for this chapter.
Pssstt... she inspired Jade.

Date: 20th January, 2016
Time: 03 : 47 hrs

In the first year, all students are embedded with a tracker. The tracker monitors the student's body and keeps the authorities informed of the student's location. The tracker also informs if a student is hurt, dead, using magic, and all the other things.

It had been almost eight hours since Jade was hit by the lightning. No one had found her yet. She had stopped breathing, yet her heart was beating like any other human's would. There was no red signal in the staff room computer.

It was only when the key keeper came to take his early morning rounds, he found a young blonde lying on the middle of the track. Her face was as pale as the snow under the winter moon.

The key keeper immediately transferred her to the medical chambers, leaving his round half done.

"Dr. Ruthnoire, there's an emergency, can you please come to the medical chamber quickly?" The Key Keeper contacted the head doctor. "I have a young girl who seems to have had fainted in the track."

"How does she look like? Well, she is breathing normally, but her body is as pale as a corpse." Dr Ruthnoire abruptly cut the call at the other end.

Seven minutes three seconds later, Dr. Ruthnoire entered the room with Nakahara sensei at his heels. Both men were panting. The key keeper pointed at the girl, bowed at them and left the room.

The doctor did a medical routine check on her, while the magician performed several magical tests on her. After spending about two quarters worth of time examining her, both the specialists looked up at each other and nodded. Both of them understood the gravity of the situation.

"She is... " The doctor trailed of.

"Yes, it seems like she is." Nakahara sensei replied, taking a breathe he continued "I'll go get the head master."

The doctor stared at the girls blood sample, it was silver in colour. The tracker had been assimilated by her blood. A lot of free electrons were sliding through her blood stream. He couldn't believe it, he wanted to study her body. Rip her apart, cell by cell, tissue by tissue, leaving no part of her untouched. Her body intrigued him. It's not everyday a doctor finds a patient embedded with electrical charge, a charge that refused to flow from a region of high charge to a region of low charge. A patient, who despite having so much charge in her body, did not electrocute anyone who touched her. The 74 year old man placed a hand on her neck, feeling her pulse. Her heart was beating slowly.

Loud and quick foot steps could be heard from outside the medical room. The doctor quickly removed his hands off the little girl. The sound of the flip-flops grew louder as the headmaster entered the medical chambers.

When he looked at the girl, he was bewildered. His eyes widened and he gaped at the young blonde. "Can we kill her?" He asked looking up at both the specialists.

"We can't sir. " The doctor said picking up a scalpel. He took a scalpel and cut a line on her hand. It took less than five seconds for her wound to clot, and no drop of the blood fell of her arm. "We can't asphyxiate her either, she has stopped breathing."

"So what do you suggest professor? What should we do? "The headmaster asked in a loud voice.

"For now, we can only put her into cryogenic freeze. She can just sleep there until we find a permanent solution." The Doctor said. Fitzgerald Ruthnoire figured, this was the best way to meet the interests of both of his and the headmaster.