Chapter 18

GERARD'S POV

You know, sometimes I really do worry about Frank, he's so stupid at some points I wonder how he's still with us all. He held the cloth to my mouth for only a minute! Sure it made me go a little weak and drowsy but no harm done. My acting fooled him to easily.

My head snapped up when I heard a scream coming from... A girl? Sophie? What the hell is he doing up there? Has he gone completely insane? I needed to get out of here and now. I started blinking furiously to try and build up strength, it was slowly working. I pushed up on my hands and slowly stood up but quickly grabbed the wall for support. Fuck my head hurts. I touched the cut and blood spilled on my hand, great.

I started making my way to the stairs of the basement, I wish I could take pain killers or something to stop the pain in my head, why did it hurt so much? I got to the first step and started walking up the stairs leaning on the wall to keep me standing. I fell on my knees and stayed there to keep quiet.

"I'm so sorry" I heard Frank whisper, what would he be sorry for? I quickly stood up and made my way to the door of the basement, I tried opening it but it was locked. I started to feel around in my pockets and luckily fount my own sets of keys. Wow Frank, didn't think to check my pockets first before leaving me injured but untied?

I quickly unlocked the door and made my way out of the basement, I heard crying? I followed the crying and looked into the open room to see Sophie curled up near the radiator hiding her face, Frank was walking off to the garden shaking his head and sniffing. What the hell happened!? Sophie slowly uncurled and turned her head towards me.

"Gerard!?" She whispered loudly and I literally stumbled into the room and nearly fell on her. She helped me with one hand so I sat next to her.

"What did he do to you?" I asked her trying to figure out what she was in tears.

"What did he do to YOU!" She asked pointing at my head, I shrugged and leaned forward to see why she was hiding her other hand. My face dropped as I stared at the handcuff and her bright red wrist. He burnt her?

"We need to get out of here" I managed to choke out through my gritted teeth and she shook her head.

"He has the keys to the handcuffs, you go" She whispered looking at Frank to keep an eye on him. I stood up slowly and grabbed a near by bat. I walked over to the dark corner and leaned against the wall. "What are you doing!?" She asked and I quickly hushed her.

Frank soon walked back in and knelt next to her, his back to me.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to" He shook his head and tried comforting her but she quickly moved away. "Why can't you forgive me! YOU MADE ME DO THAT!" He shouted and I gripped the bat tighter. "It's all your fault, you did that to yourself!" He shouted again, Iv'e had enough. I stepped forward and smiled.

"Karma's a bitch" I whispered and swung the bat round to hit his head. I fell to my knees and searched his pockets for handcuff keys, Wala! I chucked Sophie them and leaned against the wall again. I watched her uncuff herself and run to me.

"Let's go" She whispered putting my arm round her neck, she put her hands on my waist to support me, why was she helping me? I stood up slowly and we started walking out of the house quickly. I kidnapped her... She was helping me... Or turning me into the police.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked weakly and she started running making me copy her pace. My eyes started going blurry but I managed to keep them open.

"Cause your the good one, like I said, I like you" I smirked at that, couldn't help it.  I heard extra footsteps behind us and frowned, who the?

"Oh no you don't!" I heard Frank shout and Sophie no longer supported me, I quickly fell to the floor and looked up at them. He grabbed her. She was wriggling trying to get out of his grab but she couldn't and I couldn't help her.

"GET OFF ME!" She shouted and my eyes started closing, I couldn't fight it anymore... It was too hard. I closed my eyes and blacked out.