twenty nine.

Fixation or psychosis?

Devoted to neurosis now

Endless romantic stories

You never could control me

~Far Too Young To Die by Panic! At The Disco

Dylan

My lips stung.

There was a cut on them even I couldn't see. And I couldn't fix it.

I felt like the ultimate betrayal.

*~*~*

"So how did it go?" asked Lola from behind me. I spun around at my locker, my heart skipping a beat. As if she was suspicious.

"What? Oh-- uh, uneventful, I guess," I muttered. Smooth, Dylan. "How about Keith's?"

"He's really not bad," she admitted.

"Good," I said. I needed to stop. I was too nervous. There was also a part of me that felt a bit jealous, even though I knew how unfair that was.

"Are you okay?" she asked me, concerned.

I nodded. "Fine."

"Okay," Lola said uneasily. "Well, anyways. . ." Ass she was speaking, she put her hand on my chest, right where the cut from the knife was. I felt the familiar pain shoot through me and I winced in agony, using the locker next to me for support.

"I-I'm sorry, I forgot," Lola stammered, quickly pulling her hand away. I had my eyes shut as I tried to catch my breath. No one seemed to have noticed. "Dylan, when are you gonna tell me what happened?"

"When will you tell me what happened to your arm?" I retorted.

She didn't answer and locked away for a moment. The guilt from the kiss was eating at me and I had a strong urge to tell her what happened. I stayed silent.

"Come on," she eventually said grimly. "We're gonna be late for class."

Lola

Lacey kept staring at me smugly all throughout Physics. Yes, I had physics with her, unfortunately, as we were both Juniors. Her staring was beginning to make me feel too uncomfortable, and it wasn't like I could actually pay attention to Physics. I could tell that she could see me squirming, and it just made her smirk even more. Eventually, I got sick of her and raised my eyebrows at her. We pretty much had a staring contest the whole class, until finally, the bell rang.

"Tell me everything," I heard one of Lacey's friends say as I picked up my books and binder.

"He kissed me," Lacey gushed loudly, obviously intending for me to hear. I stopped cold. She couldn't have been talking about Dylan. "We were working on our English project and he just kept looking at me then eventually kissed me."

I whipped around quickly, about to say something, but couldn't get any words out. "Oh, I'm sorry" said Lacey sweetly, looking over to me. "Did you need something?" I narrowed my eyes at her and walked away hurriedly. A familiar feeling sinking into my stomach.

Dylan wouldn't do that. Lacey was just trying to get in between us. I trusted him.

*~*~*

In AP English, we had to work with our partners for a few minutes and discuss our projects incase some pairs of partners couldn't meet after school. Keith came up and sat at an empty desk next to me, turning it to the side and sitting on it backwards.