Dealing With A Boring Teacher

1
Listen carefully to the teacher and follow along with the lesson. Even if it's not the most fascinating lesson, you may save yourself time on the homework or grief on the tests later.

2
Sleeping is an option, but not always a good one, and teachers will notice after a while. If you do decide to do this, try to hide yourself behind a book, or stay in the back of the room. It’s best to have a friend near you who can wake you up when needed.

3
Do homework from another class. That way, you won't go home having to worry about the loads of homework awaiting you.

4
Look out of the window. What ever is going on out side is usually much more interesting.

5
Draw or doodle things on notebook paper in the margins of notes: Cartoons, shapeless blobs, and anything else that tickles your fancy. These look like harmless things to teachers and chances are they will not punish you for these things. Just remember to write everything on the board just in case the info was important. Sometimes, if you sit far away from the teacher and tilt your notebook up, it will just look like you are taking notes. Glance up at the teacher every so often, so it seems like you are paying attention and writing down everything.

6
Zone out, but try and remember the last sentence your teacher said, just in case your teacher asks you to prove you were listening. Some people develop a talent of having one ear listen to what the teacher says, but think about something else entirely. Then, if the teacher calls on you, announces important information, or the class reacts to some exciting - or not so exciting - news, ("There's a test tomorrow", or "No homework!") you can replay what you just heard with one ear, and you won't have missed anything.

7
Read magazines or novels, because they're often better reads than your textbook. Hide the magazine behind the book, but figure out a way to disguise it if your teacher makes rounds of the classroom.

8
Pass notes or send text messages. Remember to put your phone on silent - if you put it on vibrate, people WILL hear (for most phones) and then you will be in trouble.

9
Chew gum, or suck on hard candy. You'll still have to listen to the lessons, but you can have all sorts of fun manipulating the treat inside your mouth.

10
Do Origami. Get a piece of paper and fold stuff.

11
Look for loose change in your pockets. It's surprising how fun a quarter can be- flip it to answer true or false questions, flick the coin so it spins, think about the next arcade game you are going to play with the quarter, etc.

12
Play video games like the hand held things such as a graphing calculator, Nintendo ds, or psp. Make sure to hide these behind folders because the DS and PSP are obviously a game while the graphing calculators are less obvious. Keep in mind that if caught the teacher may confiscate it so you should use at your own risk.

13
Play paper games. Try MASH, dots and Boxes, etc., or try a Sudoku or crossword puzzle. The nice thing about paper games is that you won't lose a whole lot if you are caught. You could also consider bringing in activity books with color by numbers, mazes, and word searches. Mad Libs and fill in the blank books are also an option.

14
Write a note/letter to one of your friends in another class the teacher could think your taking notes.

15
Mini Skateboards Play with a tech deck. Have fun with them but they can get very loud so play with them on your notebook or binder so when they land the teacher can't hear it.

16
’’’List’’’ Make a list of your top ten favorite things of any category (i.e. Bands, Videogames, TV Shows, etc). This can really pass the time, deciding which of your favorite things make the list and which are left out.

17
Write down your favourite quotes from a Videogame, TV show, Book, etc. It'll get you thinking for a while and passes time.

18
Learn to spin a pencil over your thumb. Your friends will be impressed. Just be careful not to do it when the teacher is looking. You will probably drop it a lot while you're learning.

19
Make a Crazy Schedule on a spare sheet of paper. Stuff like Monday; Mass destruction. Tuesday; World domination. Wednesday; fitting of mute button on all siblings and parents. Thursday; World domination again just for the fun of it. Friday; Sleeping. After you're done, you can imagine how your teacher would react if they saw what you have planned.

20
Listen to your favourite music and pretend you are listening to the lesson but make sure the teacher doesn't see the headphones.

21
20 Songs in 20 Minutes. The last several minutes of class are always the worst. In the last 20 minutes, think of a song and play to play in your head. After a minute play a different song in your head. You'll be amazed how fast a minute can go.

22
Draw random stuff in the back of your notebook. Ask a friend to say something random and draw it.

23
Play your favorite or random songs in your mind as the time passes. Make up songs in your mind too; it's fun and quite entertaining.

24
If you are a fan of JRPGs dedicate a notebook to making a fake one. Write the script and design the battle system. You'll soon find yourself hooked! It's really fun if for the game play sections you write it like it's a guide book!

25
White-out one of your pens. You should only do it if a teacher does not get mad at you.

26
Make a fortune teller and play it with your friends.