​Beach Waves For Every Hair Type

Beach Waves For Every Hair Type

♥ THiN HAiR
» go take a nice shower just before you're about to sleep, when you do so, skip the conditioner. conditioner tends to weigh down your hair.

» don't blow dry your hair, instead simply detangle it with a wide toothed comb and distribute a mixture of a baseball-sized amount of mousse with a dime-sized dollop of gel from your scalp to ends.

» section your hair into four to six large sections and twist each section loosely like a rope. fold this rope a few times a=over itself and secure with bobby pins. make sure you leave the ends out.

» sleep on it :)

♥ THiCK HAIR
» on damp, towel dried hair, apply two quarters worth of curl scrunching gel through hair.

» split hair into two sections, one on each side. don't comb through the texture. take one section and split it into two to twirl around itself like a rope brand. do this to the other side.

» wrap and secure both rope braids into small buns on either side of your head and spray with some hair spray.

» once dry, unravel your buns and use some texturing wax to scrunch through the bottom of your hair and break up the waves.

» flip your head over and rough your hair up to get a disheveled, beachy look :)

♥ WAVY HAiR
» lightly spritz hair with a sea salt spray, either home made or store bought. gather hair into a ponytail atop your head using a scrunchy (scrunchies are better because they won't make those weird dents in your hair.

» wrap hair around the base to form a bun and secure it with bobby pins.

» the morning after, remove the pins, flip your head over and scrunch in a dollop of volumizing mousse with your fingers to define waves :)

♥ CURLY HAiR
» the main goal here is to make curls a bit more relaxed and less bouncy

» to do so, begin by shampooing and deep conditioning and detangle using a wide-toothed comb and working up the shaft, apply a quarter sized amount of leave-in conditioner.

» braid all hair loosely into a classic braid. the weight of the braid with straighten hair near the scalp and relax the curls on the bottom half. don't secure with an elastic.

» allow hair to air dry as you sleep or blow dry with low heat. once dry, unravel braid and spritz with spray wax. :)

♥ KiNKY HAiR
» mix a golf-ball sized amount of smoothing serum with a volumizing gel and work the mixture through hair.

» divide hair in half from ear to ear and blow dry sections smooth with a round boar bristle brush, finishing with a swooping bend at the ends. spritz with hair spray and pull hair into a high ponytail, this creates waves from the midsection to the tips and straightens out the roots.

» wind small sections of this ponytail around a no clamp 2-inch curling iron. take out the elastic, flip hair over and massage the roots :)