Open Road

Mercy Pov

I feel like I'm in a deep sleep... Yet, I can hear everything around me. And, for once? The voices are gone...

I think this is where I was meant to be..

I'm on an open road, so gone, not looking back.

Chris Pov

I sit next to her, like I've done for the past time here. I haven't slept nor showered. I smell like shit. I feel like shit. I know I ain't shit. To be honest, I'm starting to lose faith in if she's even gonna wake up. I hate seeing her like this.

"You need to shower, sir." I hear a woman's voice softly say. I guess I was so focused on Cy that I couldn't hear anything around me. Fuck.

"What? Why? Do I stink that bad?" She paused, choosing the right words to say without hurting my feeling, I guess. She could hurt my feelings all she wants to... It still won't make up for what I've done to Cy.

"When's the last time you've showered?... Or even moved from this spot." I shrug. Honestly? It wasn't since I've set foot in this hospital. I've been meaning to, but I always think she'll wake up while I'm out... I just wanna be the first face she sees when she opens her eyes.

"Sir, your hygiene is very important...-"

"Look, lady. You're too damn concerned about my hygiene and shit, while my fucking LIFE is laying before me, probably dying, I don't know..... If you're not gonna help me.... Then, go get someone that can."

She looks down and nods. Shit, now look what you've done. Fucking up people lives. Just like you did Mercy's.

On second thought, maybe I should leave.

But, she doesn't have anyone else.

I don't care about anything else.

Just...

Will she forgive me?

Published

August 4, 2016