Goodnight.

-This story was shared by Koenigsegg940 on reddit-

I'm not usually one that believes in the paranormal but this made me question everything.

My girlfriend had always told me her house was haunted. I'd always here creeks and stuff upstairs and the occasional "foot step" but I always played it off as normal house noises until one night in August of this year.

We were downstairs watching tv like usual, about to go to bed when we both got a very weird feeling almost simultaneously. She gave me a weird look and I didn't think anything of it so we went to bed. After a few minutes of her on Twitter and me on reddit we put our phones down and rollover to go to sleep. Then we both heard the words "goodnight" in a child's voice. Doesn't seem to strange, right? Well considering there weren't children in the house we both looked at each other like "why would you say goodnight like that?" Then we realized neither of us had said it and we left her room fairly quickly.

We went downstairs to lay on the couch and watch a little tv and come to our senses and figure out where those words could have come from. Then we got both got that someone's watching you feeling. Not like, "oh, that dude over there has been staring at me" but a "something will not take their eyes off me no matter what I do feeling." So we decided it best to leave the house. We went to walk out the front door, but right as we were about to open it, we heard the child's voice again. This time it came from the balcony right above us in the entryway. Clear as day a child said "mommy and daddy. We looked at eachother, I may or may not have screamed, and we ran to my car and decided to drive to the one place that was open in our shitty small oregon town. Walmart.

The problem was, as soon as we got in the car, we knew something had come with us. And it was pissed at us for leaving. The second we got into my Honda there was nothing but the feeling of hate instilled into both of us for no reason whatsoever. Whatever it was filled that car with hate.

It's now about 4 am and I have to be at work in 5 hours so we decide to go back to her house and try to get some sleep and see what happens. We walk into the front door and nothing but quiet. We walk up the stairs, turn right, and suddenly it sounds like a dog is growling from her upstairs bathroom. It takes me a second though because I grew up with dogs and all I could think was that it was just mine in there being weird. 5 seconds later I realize I'm at her house and no dog has ever set paw in there. Something was fucking growling at me and I had no idea what.

At this point I'm fucking pissed at whatever is happening because I'm tired and need to sleep for work. So I come up with this brilliant plan of talking to shit to whatever causing all these problems. The only thing that sticks out at this point is me yelling, "if you're so pissed, so something about!" Right after that I feel something pull my shirt. I turn around thinking my girlfriend is playing a very unfunny joke on me, but no. She was still downstairs. Something pulled my shirt.

After that I decided it was time to leave for the night. At 6 am, we get in my car and drive to my moms house. That car ride was much less hate filled and all the bad feelings were gone for awhile. I went to work while my girlfriend slept at my moms place and when I got off we went back to her house to check things. Everything seemed fine except for the one picture of us she had hanging on her wall was knocked to the ground like something out of a fucking horror movie. But she was to exhausted to care about my safety at that point and I was so tired I was willing to let whatever was there kill just so I could get some rest.

2 weeks later we moved out and haven't had any problems since. I never believed in the paranormal at all until this happened. I still question it. My brain thinks there has to be a logical explanation to all of it, and I'm sure there is, but I know she believes, and a piece of me believes that there's something else in that house.

---