Chapter 4: Complaints

Judy spent longer than she would've liked just staring at the fox in front of her in awe. So long, in fact, that Clawhauser took it as his cue to leave, leaving the two animals in silence.

'What is he doing here?' Judy thought to herself as she continued staring at Nick.

The shock realisation was only just starting to wear off, and when it did, the shock was replaced with anger.

"What are you doing here?!" She asked, standing up on her desk chair.

"Didn't you hear that fat cheetah guy?" Nick asked, pointing a thumb over his shoulder at the door behind him. "I got brought in for community service," he shrugged.

Judy just continued staring at him, her mouth hanging open as her ears twitched slightly. All of this was so surreal, and she could feel the fear rising inside of her chest when Nick took a step towards her.

"So, looks like I'm your partner for the next six months, Carrots," he smiled smugly, and Judy's stare turned into a glare.

"Oh no. No, no, no, no, no," she said, shaking her head as she placed her paws on her hips. "I'm not babysitting you for six months. No way."

"Hey, no one said you had to babysit me," Nick spat, eyeing Judy up and down with a look of disgust on his face.

"Well they might as well have!" Judy shot back, hopping off of her desk chair and making her way over to the door.

"Where are you going?" Nick asked, turning around in the direction of which Judy just went.

"I am filing a complaint," Judy answered, full of certainty.

Nick scoffed. "A complaint?"

"Yes," Judy replied sweetly, batting her eyelashes innocently as she clasped her paws behind her back. "I'm going to my boss now, as a matter of fact. Care to join me?"

Nick thought for a moment before answering. Just from his brief encounter with the chief roughly twenty minutes ago, he knew that he was very adamant on landing Judy with Nick, so he thought it would be very amusing to watch her fail at getting him removed from her temporary custody.

"Sure," he answered, stuffing his paws into his pockets. "It's not like you've got anything interesting in this office of yours," he concluded, looking around the the, rather bland, office

Judy rolled her eyes before opening the door and walking out into the lobby, not even bothering to hold it open for Nick before she was already on her way to Chief Bogo's office.

The door swung back and but Nick in the face, sending him onto the floor with a thud. Judy didn't do so much as to even look back to check if he was ok, and Nick both pitied and savoured the moment. At least he got a good look at Judy's hips as she strode through the lobby.

"So rude," he muttered shaking his head before getting up and following the bunny in front of him.

~*~

"Hopps, I've already put down on his record that he will be working with you to sign off his community service, and that is something I cannot change," Bogo explained, trying to keep his voice soft even though he was starting to get really annoyed.

"I know sir, but knowing him he'll probably eat me!" Judy exclaimed, and Nick pulled his head back in disgust.

"Eat you?" Nick asked with a scoff. "Darlin', you probably don't even taste that good."

Judy shot Nick a dirty look before turning back to her boss in front of her, who was staring at the two like they were an old married couple.

"Officer Hopps, please," Bogo insisted, his voice holding that unnerving softness. "It's only six months, then Mr. Wilde will be out of your fur for good."

"Even though he'll probably be brought back in for murder the day after," Judy retorted and Bogo growled.

"His criminal reports prove to be quite the help out in the field," the chief said, his voice strained like he was trying to hold back yelling.

Judy knew her boss' temper was short, and she didn't want to be the one he exploded at. So, she accepted the fact that she would be stuck with Nick for the next six months. She sighed and nodded at her boss, traipsing out of the office with Nick following behind her.

Once he shut the door behind the bunny, Judy collapsed against the wall behind her, banging her head on it as she looked up at the ceiling in defeat.

"Wow," Nick said. "That went marvellously. I can tell I'm being kicked off the team just from the look on your face."

Judy sighed, not even in the mood to come up with a witty retort to shut him up, even though he was looking for a slap right now from Judy's perspective.

"Just don't get in my way," she replied, rather tiredly, as she looked over to Nick glumly. "This case is really important, and I don't need you messing up my chances of solving it."

Nick stood up straight and mocked a soldier salute.

"Yes sir, Officer Hopps!"

Judy just gave him a look of disgust before peeling herself off the wall behind her and trudging to her office, with Nick following her like a lost child.

This was going to be a long six months.

~*~

I know this chapter is kind of pointless, but I needed something to fill the gap between the second day and the next day.