Chapter 12: The Death of a Dark Angel

Jin's POV

         Blood. So much blood. The rest of the team scrambles to cover it, to stop it from pouring out. They won't succeed, I know that for sure. But I won't tell them, its best to let them think they did all that was possible, but they don't know that Aphmau, Jess, my loving twin sister, is already dead.

      -5 minutes later-

       They are all crying their eyes out. Most have taken a seat, but a few of them just collapsed when she let out her last breath. I look at her now lifeless body, which was once joyful and full of untamed energy. I close my eyes and turn away. I square my shoulders and begin to rebuild the wall in my mind that had protected me from these destructive feelings before.

         You are a Darkling! I scream at myself, and repeat the words that were nailed into my brain all those years ago. "Stand as one, fall as many, we carry on. Move forward, don't look back, walk away from all your sin. Don't let the grief control you, no. Let the hatred and vengeance take hold." And I disappear from my best friends to take my rightful place. My place, beside my father.

       No one's POV

      The once caring brother disappeared, following another who had lost his way in the darkness. What was left of the mourning group separated, the guards going to find a new Lord, the superheroes gone to break the news, and the two sons of dark beings leaving to find the others. The body of the purest being was left there in her deathbed, until that is, until an unexpected visitor arrives.

                                                                                                     The End

                  A/N Hello there! This is the ending to my first book on Wattpad. I thank you all for the great support you all have shown this work and the great ideas with it. Don't worry though, I will soon make a sequel for this book called Not going down Easily which will still focus on the same characters for the most part. Feel free to leave any theories on how this story will change and end. Until next time!