·2·

"So what's your name?" I asked the scrawny boy.

"My names Milton," he said going to a locker and pulling out a towel. "And yours?"

"I'm Skyler," I said looking out the door. "Milton?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you do me a favor?"

***

"And this is Falafel Phil's," he said opening the door for me. "We usually hangout here, but the food isn't really that good."

"I've heard of falafels, but I never had one," I said looking around the store.

"Well then you probably should go somewhere that uses actual meat."

I cringed as I sat down. "If I did want to eat here, what would you recommend?"

"Uh, I would say the baba ganoush poppers," he said. "It has the least amount of mold."

I couldn't help but to laugh. But then I remembered about my mother and the plane. I really hope that she's ok.

"Oh here comes the guys," Milton said pointing at the door. I turned around to see 3 other people walk in. "Oh, this is the girl I was telling you about," some long haired guy said as he sat next to me.

"Hi, I'm Jack," he said smiling. "And this is Kim and Jerry." He gestured at a blonde girl and a Hispanic guy.

"Hey, I'm Skylar."

"Are you ok?" Jack asked me. "When one found you, you blacked out and I didn't know what to do, so I brought you to the dojo."

"Oh, well thanks for that, and it's time for me to go," I said sliding out of the seat. "I have to look for my mom."

"Wait," Milton got up also. "I wanna help you."

Jack and Jerry got up too. "We're in also."

Milton looked over at Kim who was on the phone with someone. "She's probably busy, so we should go."

"I wanna thank you guys for helping me look, even though I barely know you."

"Hey, stranger, no stranger, were always here to help," Jack said as we arrived at the crash site.

I didn't realize it was this bad. There was pieces of the plane all over the place. It was hard to tell if anything was your belongings.

"Let me call her," I said pulling out my phone. "She's probably looking for me too."

When I called, someone else picked up the phone. "Hello? Who is this?"

"This is doctor Kingston, and whom am I speaking with?"

"Um, I'm Skylar- Rachel's daughter?"

"Oh, that's my patient," he said. "She's here at the Seaford memorial hospital."

"The hospital?" I asked, my voice cracking unintentionally. "What happened to her? Is she ok?"

"She's here with a severe coma, shattered arm, and minor cuts on her face, but she's fine."

"You call that fine?!" I shouted at him. "My mother is in a coma and with a shattered arm and that's fine to you?"

"Look, you can come over here and-" I hung up and and grabbed Milton to help me to find the hospital.