Kiera

I admit I've been down a little about the entire situation with August. As fucked up as the situation is part of me still loves him, most of me still loves him. He has called, came by my place, left gifts at my door, and sent cute ass text messages. I just can't believe he was cheating on me. I never in a million years would think he would do me like this.

"Ma grab the food." I walk into the living room. "Kiera get yo lil ass back in here and get this damn stuff." I laugh, "Big Shirley you doing too much honey."

I grab the pan of ribs and bowl of chicken taking them go the table. "Auntie these ribs look so good." Cherry says smacking her lips. "They are Cherry. They good as hell." Auntie Shawanna laugh, "Girl I tell you this much Monae be putting her foot in this shit." We all laugh. "Big Shirley know how to cook."

It's a knock on the door. "Kiera get that Stacy pose to be coming by to get plate before she heads to work." I walk over to the door and open it. It's not Stacy, it's August. "Why you here?" I ask. "Can we talk?" He asks propping up against the wall. "Kiera who is that?" My mama yells. "It's sound like August." Cherry says. My mama walks over to the door, "Mhm."

"So can we talk or what?" He asks again. I step out and shut the door. "Can you step back?" I ask. He moves his hand and moves back. I cross my arms waiting to see what bullshit I'm about to hear. "Talk."

"Lo, I'm sorry. She started out as just a friend but then shit got complicated. It wasn't supposed to go that far-"

"But it did August. And you let me walk around like a fucking fool." I could slap him. "She ain't even from here. She stay across the other side of town." He says. That would explain why her ass is so prissy. I push him, "That makes this better?"

"Baby look I'm sorry. Stop being mad." He caress my face. I turn my head. "Lo."

"August."

"I miss you." I turn my head towards him. "I'm sure you do." He puts his hand back up against the wall. "So when we kicking it?" He ask. I shrug my shoulders looking up at him. "You busy tonight?"

"No." I answer keeping it short. "I'll pick up around 7." I twist my lips up. "Who says I'm going anywhere with you?" He leans down to my ear, "I love you Lo." He places a kiss on my cheek and walks out. I sigh walking back into the house.

"So what happen?" Auntie Shawanna asks. I sit down at the table. "We're going out tonight." Cherry laughs as my mama mugs me. "Kiera you ain't learn to listen the first time?" She asks. "Ma I'm just going to hear him out. I'm not stupid and I'm getting played again."

"I knew it wouldn't be long." Cherry says. "Just make sure it's under your terms and conditions not his. You run this show now." Auntie Shawanna says. "I don't think she needs to be fooling back up with him." My mama says voicing her input. "I never said we getting back together or none of that. I'm just going to talk to him."

Later that night...

Every spot his lips touch does something to me. His kisses always give me a natural high but it's difference this time. It something way beyond floating on clouds. This is too much passion for my ass. I break away. "Baby." He says almost sounding like he's whining.

"August I didn't come here for all that." I fix my clothes and lean back towards my side. "Remember the night we was at your place and Jeremiah stop by?" He asks. "Yes." I respond grabbing my phone. "That's the same night I really made things official."

"When you make shit official with her?" I ask rolling my eyes. "When you start liking bougie bitches anyway? I'm too hood for you or some?" He sighs. "You perfect just the way you are London. I told what happen with me and her."

"Perfect yet you had someone on the side. Kiera London is whole fucking five star meal. You wanna fucking around with a simple lil appetizer." I'm getting mad all over again. "Baby I'm sorry. What else you want me to do?"

"Try staying faithful. Buy my ass an American Deli too." He laughs but I'm deadass. "I got you baby." He tries grabbing my hand but I snatch it away. "I'm still mad at you."

He reaches inside his pocket and pulls out a key. "Enjoy it." I look at the key and back at him. "What is this?" He smiles, "You'll see when we get back to the house."

I can't help but smile and feel butterflies in my stomach. "You still talking to her?" I ask. "Want the truth?" He asks. I suck my teeth. That gives me my answer right there. It makes me mad she's still getting some of his attention but he's not with her right now he's with me. He sits his arm around my shoulder after pulling me closer to him as we watch the movie from the front seat of his car.

I'm halfway sleep as we pull up to my apartment. I see Cherry and Dae Dae outside. "You ready baby?" He asks. "Ready for what?" I ask unbuckling. "Look to your left." I get out the car so fast to see an all Pink and black mustang convertible. "August!"

"Just for you baby girl." I smile from ear to ear. "Thank you!" We kiss. I open the car up and see a ton of gifts including a giant ass bear in the passenger. I crank the car up and let the top back. "Open the bag Lo."

I grab the gift back in front of the bear and pull out of paper, "Congratulations on the new location of your very own American Deli located on Goldrose Drive." I laugh after reading it. "You really got me one."

"It is your favorite." I get out and hug him. "He bought this bitch an American deli." Cherry laughs her ass off. "Ghetto-ist hood love shit. Y'all goals man." I laugh, "Thank you baby." He kisses my lips. "Your welcome Bae. You done being mad at me?" He asks. "I guess but if you cheat on me with another dog looking ass bitch ima fight you." He laughs, "I'm serious August. You're mine and all mine. I'm not doing this again with you." I roll my eyes. "Alright baby I got you."