Kiera

We lean against the wall moving everything our mama gave us. The song ends and we sit down laughing our asses off. We've had some drinks, smoked some good as kush and the party is just starting. "I love Kiera London Simmons." Cherry says with all her words slurring.

"I love you more bitch. The songs picks back up as we walk everyone run back to the dance floor. "Damn hoe." Cherry says looking at my almost empty drink. "Bitch look at yo shit. You ain't too far behind." I respond before grabbing my phone. I scroll to my baby name and look at it. "I miss him." Cherry rolls her eyes playfully then laughs, "He hasn't even been gone that long."

"I know but I still miss him. I wish he was here right now." I say clicking on my messages. "If he was we probably wouldn't be here and you know he don't let yo ass drink." I roll my eyes, "You say that shit as if he's my father or some shit. August knows I drink here and there."

"Sure Lo. Act like I ain't never heard him say anything about that." I laugh, "Anyway. I'm slick ready to go." I say standing up grabbing my purse. "Girl we just got here, an hour ago." Cherry says. "I know but I'm really ready." I want to go home and call my baby and take my ass to sleep. "Them drinks kicking in." I laugh, "Hell yeah. I need to talk to my baby." She shakes her head.

"Young ass can't hang." Cherry teases. "Girl hush." I say. We get inside her car and head back to our side of town. But first we stop by American Deli. I head inside.

"Let me get my usual." I say to the man. "Where's your boo today?" He asks. "He's around." I grab my cup and mix the peach and fruit punch. "Lil bitch Kiera." I turn around. Man this hoe here. "Hold my drink Pablo." I tie my hair up real quickly. "Bitch hurry-" I punch her in her mouth. "Fuck you bitch."

Wrapping her hair around my hand I start slanging had around the place. "Keep playing with me hoe you gone get this shit every time!" I let her go until she scratches my neck. She goes for my legs and pulls me down. Before she can throw a punch I kick her into the wall. Picking her up, I slam her head into the counter. "Your food is ready ma'am." The guy says. I push the girl down. I grab my drink and food and go to the car.

Cherry ass half sleep sitting in this shit. "Butch wake up talking about I can't hang." Cherry leans up. "What the fuck they had to do kill the chicken." She cracks up the car. "Damn bitch what the fuck happen." I point inside and that hoe still on the floor struggle to get up. "Oh hell naw!" She tries getting out. "She done with Cherry. Best believe I fucked that bitch up." I say biting my wing. "Damn." This shit is good as fuck.

"Let me guess extra crispy, extra lemon pepper." I smile, "Hell yeah." She shakes her head and we drive to the crib. My phone starts blowing up but I'm not gone even deal with that right now. "Damn who is that?" Cherry asks. "Either my mama or August." I look down and it's August. He's called three times already. I open the message from him: Call me ASAP. I close it out.

I get inside my apartment and finish eating my food. It's a knock on my door. "What's up baby girl?" My neighbor Lil Mac says. "Can I help you?" I ask crossing my arms. "Me and my homies throwing a kickback for Lil Man. You and Cherry invited to come through next weekend." Lil Man was the neighbor sweetheart. He watched your car for you while you ran inside the store, took out your trash, opened the doors for the ladies, helped with groceries all that shit. He was only thirteen but hung around all the dope boys like Lil Mac. Shit was a sad day for the Southside when some niggas run up on him and killed him.

"Alright. I ain't making no promises but we might swing through." Lil Mac nods his head, "Cool. You look nice today Lo." I fake a smirk, "Thanks August thinks so too." He looks me over one more time, "No doubt. I'll catch you later." He walks away. I shut my door and put on all the locks.

I pick up my phone and walk into my bedroom. August is calling again. I hit answer, "Oh now you answer?" He says in a deep raspy tone. "I was eating my bad baby." I say laying down on my bed. "Hell you been up too?" I shrug my shoulders, "Went to the club with Cherry. What you been up too?" He laughs, "Don't play with me man like shit all cool."

"What you talking about?" I ask. "Man bye Kiera." He says then hangs up. I laugh. I knew that shit was gone piss him off but I don't have time to hear an hour long lecture about how I'm better than that. If bitches want to try this shit they can. By no means will I take away that. Hoes these days get stupid might as well make some examples out of the dumb ones who want to go against the grain.

I walk into the bathroom and get some peroxide out to clean these scratches. "Shit. This burns!!." I yell out lead fanning my chest. My phone rings, "What hoe?" I answer. "I hear yo loud ass all the way up here." Cherry says. I laugh. "This shit hurts man. That hoe clawed my ass real good."

"You should've let me go in there and tag that hoe one time."

"I know but shit the bitch learned her lesson now."

"Girl! You spoke to Aug?" She asks. "He'll yeah kept that shit short too. Man I love my baby to death but tonight ain't the night to hear that extra shit." She laughs, "I get it bitch. Come over, this apartment so fucking empty."

"Okay. Let me get some clothes and then I'll be up."