Chapter 27

Truth be told, Louis had always thought he was the one that set his own course in life.

He had always been loud, spontaneous, and generally a walking time bomb waiting to combust at any given moment. At the palace his tutor greatly disliked him for the mischievous and I-do-what-I-want-because-I-can attitude, not that Louis cared.

Louis was constantly warped in his own little world, where he was the one in control.

Thinking about it now, it was all bullshit.

Even back at London, everything he'd done had been scheduled and controlled by those behind the scenes.

They worked him like a puppet.

He didn't have a choice in the foods he ate or what he could do aside from when he wasn't being taught something or attending a party. His vacations weren't planned on his own accord and even which town he could go to where restricted beyond his decision.

He hadn't been too thoughtful on all of that back when he was there...

But even so, he supposed it didn't matter anyways. It hadn't been prominent enough to bother him then, so it shouldn't worry him at this point in time.

Though he had to admit, that was a bit of a reminder that sometimes, it just felt better to lay back and let things be.

Going with the flow and letting everything unravel on its own would be in his best interests instead of constantly fretting, because he was Louis Tomlinson. He never fretted.

Life was supposed to be fun.

He allowed the sentence to replay in his mind as he felt Harry's arms tighten around his torso and the pirate captain seemed to move even closer to his front.

Within the course of the night it appeared at one point in his sleep Louis had rolled over and his body had been put in a position to face Harry. Harry's arms remained wrapped around him as though to stop from him from straying too far away while they slept, and all though it was a bit uncomfortable and annoying, Louis had to admit that the perseverance Harry's subconscious had when it came to making as minimal personal space between the two as possible was really high.

Yawning, Louis moved his head down to lean against Harry's exposed collar tiredly.

Harry responded to this by resting his face into the top of his hair where Louis felt him give a heavy exhale.

"Shouldn't you be up? I thought you wanted to be up early." Louis muttered lowly, already aware that the captain was awake.

Admittedly the fact that as long as Louis had been up, Harry's even breathing and lax movements made it appear as though he were still sleeping but since their last experience in bed together, Louis knew better. That was just the pirate's biggest give away.

"Good morning, Princess." Harry greeted. He pushed up the hair from the royal's temple to give him a kiss on the forehead that Louis cringed at, "So you're just going to lay in bed holding me all day?" Truth be told, the position they were both in was incredibly comfortable.

Louis gazed up at the captain that appeared bored, however the instant his and Louis's eyes met, a sparkle lit up in his irises and he smiled diminutively, "I want to."

Rolling his eyes, Louis tried to pull away, though when he tried he was stopped by Harry's arms that kept him held steady against the other.

Resisting the urge to make an off-hand comment on it, Louis sighed, "That wouldn't be very Captain-like of you."

"I can't find it in me to care too much." Harry retorted with a crooked smile fixing its way onto his lips slyly. Louis snorted before he found himself freezing the instant Harry's lips pressed against his jaw. The feel was gentle but firm and he didn't have time to comment on it as Harry continued his fleeting kisses down to his neck, sending a rather pleasuring sensation throughout the prince's body.