Chapter 21

prince of the seven seas | chapter 21

Louis tried to catch himself as he stared ahead at the blank faced pirate captain.

He could feel a rapid heat rising to his face as the realization that Harry was questioning him over his dream came to mind.

How bloody embarrassing.

The words that passed his brain moved faster than he would have liked and he had difficulty even opening his mouth. Knowing he had to stall, he brought his hand to his mouth in an effort to pretend to cough as convincing as possible.

Harry didn't appear smug, and in fact look incredibly patient.

Did he really think Louis was killing him? With the way Niall had mimicked him, he sure as hell wouldn't have thought that he was murdering anyone... but Harry wouldn't react this way if he suspected Louis had a wet dream about him, would he? Louis would think he'd milk it for all he had.

"I'm sorry, but what gave you that idea?" Louis questioned, he tried to make himself appear as confused as possible.

Harry shrugged his shoulders, "When I was in here when you were sleeping, you were talking in your sleep. Said some things that seemed like murder and you looked like you were bothered. Unless I was the one killing you and you're too anxious to talk about it?" His tone seemed incredibly serious.

But...

Harry couldn't possibly be that naïve.

But he wouldn't act so concerned if he knew Louis had that kind of dream.

This couldn't be any more awkward.

"I don't remember my dream all too clearly to be honest." Louis cleared his throat, his eyes fleeting away from Harry's intense gaze, "So who knows what could have happened? I doubt it had to do with murder though."

"Are you sure? You were grunting out my name a lot."

Why was he doing this to him?

The royal's face flushed more warmly than the fever ever could have and Louis just wanted to die. The fact that Harry had no clue what he was doing was making this worse.

Louis scowled lightly the moment Harry's hand extended out to touch his left one gently from over the covers, "I'm confronting you about this because I don't ever want you to feel uncomfortable around me."

This probably would have been really sweet if it wasn't for the fact Louis was keener on keeping himself from growing hard at the feeling of Harry's hands grazing over his so lightly. The male's hands were rough and callused, but he was being gentle.

It felt so strange.

"Uh..."

Harry continued, "If you ever have a dream about me that makes you feel uncomfortable in any way, shape, or form, come to me about it. I'll talk it out with you."

"No, no. I'm telling you." Louis quickly remarked. He rushed to move his hand from beneath Harry's, he turned his eyes back to the pirate captain in search of any emotion that would indicate that Harry was toying with him because he knew the truth, but he had his face completely serious. "So you can just get off of me and everything will be alright."

He tried moving himself backward against the wall with a charming smile toward the curly haired captain's way,

Harry's eyebrows furrowed, "You seem off. Are you positive you don't want to talk over your dream?"

"Why are you so damned concerned about it?" Louis groaned out, a hand ran throughout his hair with a frown to his lips. "I'm fine."

"You know a dream can tell you a lot about your feelings. Or at least that's what I always thought." Harry airily remarked, he moved his seat closer to Louis and watched him solemnly, "Maybe you're too embarrassed to say—"