Chapter 12

Louis could be completely honest when he said within his 20 years of living on Earth; he had never shared a bed with anyone before.

Not his mother, his father, or any of his sisters.

He could see why now.

With his body lying on its side, he found breathing rather difficult when paired with the fact Harry's face was less than two inches away from his own and the pirate captain's arms were constricted around his in a near suffocating manner.

Louis had no clue when or how he ended up sleeping with Harry in the bed beside him. All he truly could recall from last night was Harry telling him that he had no choice but to sleep in there because he'd make sure no one else would store him away.

Louis kind of figured as much. But he expected it to be as it always had been where he went to bed alone and woke up alone.

Not this time apparently.

He had no clue when Harry snuck in.

Louis stared ahead at the sleeping captain.

How could he get away without disturbing him...?

Not that Louis's first thought was letting Harry get a good rest; he just didn't want Harry awake to harass him.

They promised to be civil, but Louis wasn't comfortable with the pirate holding and touching him so closely. He still was royalty after all. Not just anyone could touch him after all.

Harry's eyelids remained peacefully shut, his mouth was opened ever so slightly, and overall Harry appeared at the most serene Louis had ever seen him. As the royal continued watching ahead at the slumbering teen he had to admit, Harry when he was sleeping was actually kind of cute.

Not the mysterious-attractive that Louis had seen the night when Harry had been on The Rose, but a more subtle and adorable kind of attractive.

Now that they were up close, Louis could actually see the imperfections that marred Harry's face. From afar, ever since Louis winded up on One Direction it had appeared that Harry was entirely void of any scarring or deformities.

Louis could see the fading scars.

One over his nose that appeared to have been from a sword of some kind. On his chin and seemingly extending toward his neck, Louis was pretty sure there had been a massive burn. Across his cheek there may have been another sword cut, and it was slightly darker than the others that were already melting into Harry's skin permanently so it must have happened more recently.

He couldn't help but wonder how Harry received these. What had he been fighting for? Who had actually been able to mark his face? No doubt the person who'd done so was deceased if Louis thought about it, but it was fascinating.

Harry was always thought to be invincible.

Those scars, even if they were hardly noticeable, they still existed and were a reminder of Harry's humanity.

Over his forehead, Louis could make out what he thought to be another long swished scar. Against his more rational side, he began inching his way closer to see if he seeing right.

"Are you going to back away or will I have to scream for help?"

Louis instantly tried to pull away in surprise, but when he did he found himself unable to.

His mouth formed an 'o' as he glanced at Harry who still had his eyes closed; however his mouth was pulled into a slight smirk.

Embarrassed at being caught, Louis sputtered, "W-what!? No, I wasn't—"