Chapter 23

prince of the seven seas | chapter 23

"Okay, I think that's enough!" Louis gasped out as he pulled his head backward. Harry's lips persisted after him and just as Louis found himself with no way to escape the brunet's advances, he squirmed one of his hands up to separate both of their faces.

His palm was put in the direction of Harry's face while Louis huffed, his eyes fleeting down below behind him at the pitch black ocean water where he could hear the water churning from the steadily moving ship.

He hadn't been the one to initiate the kiss but he damn well sure would be the one to end it before his head got lost in the stupid moment.

Harry's lips on his felt like some sort of strange sensation going through his body. It felt heart pumping whenever it happened and Louis found his body clenching to just extend his arms over the male's back to pull him closer and further go into the kiss. The urge was strong and nearly overwhelming.

It vaguely reminded Louis of his own dream from earlier. His body wanted to just grab and take from Harry because of the impressions it left on him. That was evident and clear to Louis now because even now, his lips were still tingling and he heard a part of his brain begging him to throw himself back at Harry for another kiss.

But Louis had self control.

He wasn't so ignorant to not know when his body's hormones were going out of line.

For that, he had to make sure he stopped before something happened that he wouldn't want later.

Harry's smile from earlier dropped as he watched at Louis blankly, no emotion written on his expression to signal to the royal what he was thinking.

Slowly, Louis scowled lightly his back relaxing from its arch by the ship's ledge while he flicked his wrist in a gesture to make Harry back away, "You're still sweating." He informed in mild disgust, his eyes bouncing up from the younger male's bare chest.

Harry cringed at him, "Oh, like you're any better, Princess." He remarked before pulling himself away.

The pirate captain began moving toward his pile of fallen of clothes several feet away and Louis took that time to run a hand through his hair, which was as sweaty as Harry commented on.

Both of them were out here for a while if Liam's earlier words were any clue.

Now really looking over the bonfire area, everything was still set up, except for the fire that had once burned so brightly was now dimming down into a small light.

Louis moved to pick up Harry's cutlass that had been taken from his grasp in favor of sliding toward the farther end of the ship, near the stairs that he knew led to the upper deck where the wheel to navigate the ship was.

He bent down to retrieve the item and his eyes gazed over it without much care. The feel of it was generally more light weight than the sword he'd typically use in his practice, but it was sturdier than he originally anticipated it to be.

His mind wondered exactly how many lives had been ended with the weapon.

Its steel was clean aside from countless scratch marks but Louis knew better. Harry had murdered more people than Louis would like to admit with the blade, he was after all, the Prince of the Crimson Sea, a namesake that was given to him because of the amount of blood he could make appear in the ocean from his defeated enemies.

Louis's eyes glanced upward toward the other end of the ship where Harry had already put back on his shirt and was now placing his overcoat back on his body.

When he thought about it, it was probably strange to the others on the crew for Harry to have really let Louis just take his weapon from him like that.