Players, Bumps and Cocktail Sausages - Chapter Five

Chapter Five

I woke up on Monday morning, and after a long night of what could only be described as crazy animal sex, I was pretty fucking happy. Abby was already up and in the shower, I could just about hear her strangled cat singing.

It wouldn’t be long before Oakley would call and yell about me being late so I dragged my satisfied arse out of bed and went to the bathroom. My naked wife was facing the tiled wall; her body was lathered up, completely covered in bubbles. I watched her with wide eyes and an open mouth as she ran her hands over her stomach and across her breasts. In record time I was hard. So what if I’m a little late.

She stepped under the water spray, and the bubbles slid off her body. My mouth went dry. She looked over her should and winked, turning the shower off. No, she’s done! “You should’ve got up earlier if you wanted to join me.”

“What?” I frowned. That was not fair, I was asleep and didn’t know shower sex was on the cards. “Get back in.”

She laughed and shook her head, wrapping a towel around herself and, unfortunately, ending my perving. “Can’t, I’ve got to get to school. If you’re up tomorrow, though-”

“I’m there,” I said, making a mental note to set my alarm earlier.

“I’ll leave you to it then,” she said, sauntering out of the room, trying, and succeeding, to look sexy.

Considering I’d missed some wet naked time I was in a really good mood. And it wasn’t just the sex last night either. Things were finally back to normal between us. There’d been something missing for a while, she was distant, and I’d stupidly doubted her but she’d just been stressed and overworked.  We just had one last thing to discuss now things were back on track – children. I’d made no secret of the fact that I wanted them now, but she’d said she now wants to wait. I had to know if that was just the stress talking or if she really meant it and I’d have to wait.

By the time I was ready for work, Abby had left, leaving a note that she’d be home before me tonight and would cook my favourite dinner and then take me to bed. I didn’t mind that she hadn’t said goodbye, and I couldn’t bloody wait for tonight.

“Morning,” I said, yawning as I walked into the building.

Holly looked up and smiled wide, lighting up her whole face. “Good morning, Jasper.” She was very perky for half past eight in the morning. “Did you have a good weekend?”

“I had a good Sunday. You?” She shrugged, blushing. “I know that look,” I said, pointing my finger at her. “Who is he?”

“No one.”

“Bull. Details. Now.” I pulled up a chair next to her, grateful that no customers had come in yet but the early seven a.m. classes had finished by now, and the next ones weren’t until nine so I had about twenty minutes being me before I had to act professional.

“Nothing happened but I met this guy and we’re going to lunch.”

“Oh yeah, where’d you meet him?”

“At the library.”

“What were you doing there?” I shook my head. “Forget him, he’s boring.”

She tilted her head, and her hair fell in her face. She sat back up. “Just because he reads doesn’t mean he’s boring.”

I raised my eyebrow. That was crap. “Would you prefer him to read about an orgasm or give you one?” Her face turned the colour of the Santa’s hat that still sat behind the monitor. Me and Kerri couldn’t work out who took the hat out of the Christmas decoration box – I said her and she said me – so now it’s a battle, and there was no way I was putting the damn thing in the loft.