Chapter 11

Ed's POV:

"Dad's sending us back to the states.." I tell Layla as I enter her room. She's lying on her bed, scrolling through Instagram and I can tell she's been crying. 

"Why?" She asks, not even looking at me. 

"He doesn't think he's being a good enough dad to us. But on the bright side, I got him to admit that he misses mom." I say. 

"Good." She replies, still not taking her eyes off the phone. 

"Are you mad at me?" I ask. 

"No, why would I be?" She replies, but she's still not looking at me. Well, she's mad. 

"I don't know. Did I even do anything wrong?" 

"If you didn't do anything, then I'm not mad." She says. 

"That's it, I'm out." I say and leave her room. 

On my way to my room, I quickly look down the stairs and see dad sitting on the couch, typing on his phone while tears run down his cheeks. What Layla said must have really hit him. 

"Dad, you okay?" I ask. 

"Go to bed, Ed." He replies. 

"Fine." I sigh and head to my room. 

I change into pajamas and climb into my bed getting under the covers. 

Harry's POV:

"Harry?"

"I'm just calling to tell you I'm sending the twins back to you.. I can't do this anymore. I suck at being their father.. I feel like I'm doing everything wrong. They deserve a better father figure than me." I say through the phone. 

"Harry, that's not true. Layla and Ed always tell me how much fun they're having." Sel says. 

"You don't understand.. I messed up. I took Maya's side instead of theirs and now Layla's really upset.. She compared Maya's parenting to Jennie to when I hit you when the twins were younger... It hurts hearing them talk about it, which they do every single night. They call each other and just talk for hours when they don't think I hear them.. But I do. I hear every single word. They're way better off without me." I say. 

"That's bullshit. Remember, the biggest part of being a good parent is just being there for them. You've done so much for them since they came to London. Even though they probably won't admit it, they're really happy you came back for them." She says. 

"I came back for you, too..." I say, nearly whispering it. 

"You have a girlfriend, Harry." 

"She's cheating.. I've known it for months, but I haven't dared to confront her about it. I'm too scared I'll lose Jennie." I say. 

"Oh.." She says. "But anyways, just talk to Ed and Layla. I'm sure they'll give you a second chance." 

"It's no use.. I'll just mess up again. They're going to the states in a couple days. I'll text you when I've booked the flight. Bye." I hang up on the phone and open my laptop. 

I start checking the soonest flights to LAX, and the best flight I can find leaves on Friday, in 4 days. I book two one-way tickets for it and close the laptop again. 

I then head upstairs to Layla's room. I stand in the doorway as she looks up, but quickly looks back down on her phone. 

"Layla Sienna..." I say. 

"I don't wanna talk to you." She says and turns her back to me. 

"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. You were right, Maya is hiding something.. I've known it for months, but I haven't dared to confront her about it." I say, but there's still no response. "You're gonna have to speak to me sooner or later, Layla." 

I walk over to her bed and sit down on the edge. 

"Come on.. What happened to my happy, little girl?" 

"She disappeared when she saw her dad hit her mom." She replies, immediately making me feel bad again. "Can you just leave me alone? I don't wanna talk to anyone right now, or ever." 

"Okay.." I say. I lean over and kiss the top of her head before getting up from the bed. "Goodnight, sweetheart. I love you very much.. Please don't forget that when you leave me..." 

.........

this is a really short chapter, but it was the best I could do. I honestly began crying while writing this chapter haha

- m i a h xx