Chapter 53

Riker's POV:

I was really upset about Ross running away, I couldnt fall asleep at all so I sat in the living room, doing nothing.. I was tearing up while I thought about the fun times R5 had, then I realised that Vanessa was right next to me:P She asked me if I was alright.. I didnt know what to say cause so many things were running through my head, about Ross and Laura, about my parents worrying, about the rest of R5 and also, about… Vanessa.. So I just hugged her, really tight, like how she hugged me... I could feel her jump slightly at the sudden hug but after a while she hugged back and she whispered stuff like "Hey, its gonna be alright" while rubbing my back gently.. After a while, I pulled away and she asked me whether I wanted to tell her how I felt.

Riker: Well, I'm just so... worried I guess... Worried for their safety.. And, as you can see, I'm the oldest among R5 so many people always have high expectations for me, and after a while, I start having high standards for myself too.. I just cant believe I'd let this kinda thing happen.. I couldnt sleep the whole night, this is all my fault... If I paid more attention to Ross and talked to him more about him and Laura, I could've prevented them from running away.. I went up to check on Mom and Dad just now and Mom was asleep but Dad? He was sitting by his desk staring at Ross' picture.. That just makes me feel more guilty than ever:(..

Vanessa's POV:

I get it now, his blaming himself for all this:/

Vanessa: Rike, this isnt your fault.. Even if you talked to Ross about it, we all know that his a stubborn kid, he would've ran away still..

Riker: I know.. but-

Vanessa: Riker Anthony Lynch, listen to me.. This isnt your fault, you cant help it that they love each other so much and you definitely cant do anything about it if they wanted to run away.. For all we know, Ross is just... hogged up on Romeo and Juliet..

Then Riker laughed when I said that Ross was hogged up on Romeo and Juliet:P I dont know why, but his laugh makes me happy and I started laughing too:D

AN: And BAM! Total Ranessa right there!:D I just know that Riker is a great older brother who would feel that way IF any of his siblings ran away in reality:D