Chapter 6: The Storm

Author's Note: Hey wattpaders! Sorry I have uploaded in.. years? I have literally been so busy with school, however I did not stop getting emails from you guys demanding that I had to carry on! And... so I did. And I also have planned practically the whole story, so I actually know what to write about now! So this is dedicated to all you guys who never gave up on this story, it is because of you. Please don't be mad! Yet, I hope you enjoy this chapter that I think you all have been waiting for. 

Continuation from last point: 

"I don't know what to say," I laughed.

"Don't say anything at all." His face suddenly went serious. His eyes dazzled. He suddenly started coming closer to me. His hand cupped my cheek, whilst his lips came closer and closer to mine...

Chapter 8: 

Suddenly I hear a loud outburst of thunder, accompanied by heavy rain pounding down on us. I immediately pull away from Tyler, finally realising what was just about to happen. I slid my hand over my face and hair in awkwardness. His face literally lit up whilst opening his mouth in surprise.

"It's pouring!" He yelled. The thunder and the rain made it hard to hear each other speak now.

"Yeah, we should start heading back! Maybe there's a storm coming!" I insisted, putting a top over me for cover.

"Wait," he said, stopping my hand and putting it down. "There's something I need to do."

I arched my eyebrows in confusion. Slowly again he was approaching me and slid his hand behind my back. When I realised what was happening, my face reddened. He was trying to kiss me again! I know this wouldn't be such a big deal to other girls, but this is my first kiss... I don't want it to be wrong, I don't even know how to kiss... I just want it to be perfect, and it has to be natural. Okay, I guess I'd get the perfect kiss in the rain, but now that I'm conscious he's going to kiss me, it didn't make it as magical. Shall I just kiss him? I don't want it to be awkward. I closed my eyes and puckered my lips, hoping I would look nothing like a pucker fish.

The boat started violently shaking side to side and instead of kissing Tyler, I just ended up head butting him on the forehead.

"Ouch!" I squeaked palming my head in pain. I looked up and he was equally as red as me. He quickly got up and started the engine.

"I'm really sorry, I should have taken us back when the rain started." He apologised.

The way back was a little quiet; instead I just looked out to the stormy sea, afraid that one big wave might take me under like it did last time.

"Don't worry Kate, I'll be here to save you if anything happens." He smiled reassuring me, "I'll protect you." Just hearing that made the butterflies inside my stomach fly all over my body – the type to make your knees weak.

We finally arrived to the shore and I got out of the boat whilst he started pulling it on the sand and helped him. At this point, the rain was still pouring down on us and I couldn't even see past 5 metres in front of me.

We headed back to his car and he put on the heater full blast.

"Wow, I'm soaking!" I exclaimed. He chuckled lightly. He reached to the back of his car and got his dry jacket, and placed it around on my shoulders to keep me warm.
"Yeah, me too. I'm really sorry about that, I had no idea a random thunderstorm would ruin our date," he explained. I flinched.

"So this was a date?" I asked, my face turning like a tomato.

He ran his hand through his hair, as if he was embarrassed. "Erm, yeah I thought it would be a date... Unless you don't want it to be? Or are you still playing hard to get miss Kate," he said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm not playing hard to get! I just-" I stopped as I got lost in my thoughts. "I'm new to this you know, I've never done this," I said looking down at my hands that were already sweaty from my nerves. He put his hands on top of mine.

"It's okay Kate. I'll wait for you to be ready," he said with a smile on his face. I let out a sigh of relief. Even though I really like him, I don't want to be pressured in doing things I wasn't comfortable doing. Just not yet anyways. I was happy that Tyler understood and didn't pressure me at all! With that, he drove me home. The drive was silent, yet not an awkward silent, which I liked. We exchanged glances a few times and smiled at each other. The whole time I kept thinking, should I have kissed him? Am I making this a big deal? Which I probably was. But hey, these are the problems of a virgin kisser who overthinks waaay too much.

He pulled up right outside my house. It was still pouring down with rain. We sat there in silence.

"I should probably get going, it's late," I murmured. He nodded in agreement. I lingered there for a second, to see if he would say anything, but he didn't. I opened the door.

"Wait," he said placing his hand on my arm. I looked back, and he grabbed an umbrella.

"I'll walk you to your door, wouldn't want you to get wet again." He got out of the car with the umbrella and came to my door and opened it for me, and held the umbrella above my head, even though he wasn't under it and getting soaking wet. I told him thank you, and he walked with me to my front door. We were finally under shelter, and he closed the umbrella.

"Well, thank you for this... date?" I said unsure.
He smiled. "It was my pleasure," and he did a little bow. I laughed. We stood in silence again, so he said he should go. He started turning away from me and started walking back to the car. Okay, this is the moment Kate. Should I call him back? Should I let him go? What shall I do?!

"Tyler," I called out to him. He turned around and I dropped everything and ran up to him in the rain. I threw my arms around him and brought his lips to mine. They were soft, and wet from the rain. My stomach literally turned into knots and my knees weakened so I leaned myself on him. He cupped my face with his hands and we pulled away. He bit his lower lip and smiled. And with that, I turned away and walked back to my door. I looked back and he was still there smitten.

"Goodnight Tyler," I said blowing him a kiss. He caught it with his hands and put it in his pocket. I laughed and closed the door behind me, and peeped through the window to see when he left. I ran up to my room almost screaming with happiness and threw myself on the bed, not believing what actually just happened.

I just kissed Tyler Johnson.