Chapter Nine

It didn't seem that long until that week was over and then the Burrow was thrown into a mad flurry of excitement with christmas preparations. Between that and working extra shifts at Hogwarts I hadn't found any time to go and buy any christmas presents.

"Why are we here so early?" George complained. I had offered that myself and George go and pick the returning Hogwarts students up from the station.

"Because George, we haven't got anyone any christmas presents yet and it's nearly christmas there's only five days left." I snapped back as I pushed my way through the crowds of people to get to the entrance of a very popular muggle shop, Selfridges.

"I've got your presents already." George sang. My head snapped round to look at him in shock. He just pressed a kiss to my open mouth, slapped my bum and walked on past me into the shop.

"How on earth did you manage that?" I questioned.

"That my sweet, would be telling." He smirked.

"Mr Weasley, you don't half know how to surprise a girl." I smiled. Before I put my shop face back on. I ran around the shop pulling things out that I knew each member of the Weasley family (and the tag alongs) would like. I found a cashmere cardigan that I knew Molly would love, a stripy, woolen hat for Arthur, I got a lovely wedding planning book for Fleur and Bill, I didn't have to worry about Charlie because I had ordered him some new fireproof gloves. For Fred I bought him some muggle joke packs, knowing he would get a kick out of them. I got Hermione some muggle fiction books, lots of sweets for Ron and a few t-shirts for Harry. A lunar calendar for Nymph and Remus, I'm sure that will become very useful. The only person I didn't manage to get anything for was George, but I had something special planned for him, something that required me going to Diagon Alley.

"You got everything you need hun?" George asked, as he took the majority of my shopping bags so we could trudge back to King's Cross station where the car was parked.

"I think so." I grinned.

"I was thinking, why don't we get married?" George asked.

"George, we're already getting married. That's why you asked me to marry you." I laughed as we entered the station and ran at the barrier between platforms nine and ten to wait for the kids. They should be arriving any minute now.

"I know that silly, I meant why don't we just get married, not today. Maybe Christmas Day?" George suggested.

"You want to get married on christmas day? This christmas day? As in in five days time?" I questioned, Molly would flip.

"Yeah why not? All of the people that we would want at the wedding will be there anyway. Why wait another year? We love each other and I want to enter the next year with a wife, not a fiancee." He grinned as he pulled me towards him.

"Do you think we could pull it off?" I asked as I melted into him.

"If I know my mother she can do anything." He chuckled as he nuzzled my neck. "Is that a yes."

"We'll see what your mother says." I grinned as he peppered kisses all over my neck.

"You are honestly going to be the best wife ever." He chuckled into my neck before he went back to kissing it.

"Ew, get a room you two." Ron snapped as he dumped his trunk next to us.

"Leave them alone Ronald, they're in love." Ginny sighed wistfully. I managed to pry myself out of George's clutches to hug his younger sister. Shortly Harry and Hermione joined our little group and we trudged them back to the car. I could hear them all chatting away in the back, all of them except Harry. I knew that something was bothering him, and I bet it was that business with Draco.

When we pulled up outside the burrow the girls quickly dashed into the house and started unpacking.

"Why don't you help the boys with the luggage? I'll go see if your mum needs help with dinner." I said to George as I climbed out of the car, not giving him a chance to protest, and made my way over to the house.

"You guys get there alright?" Molly asked as I approached her, she was currently making a crumble topping for dessert tonight.

"Yeah, George protested about the shopping but other than that everything went smoothly. Would you like some help with dinner?" I questioned.

"Oh yes please dear! Could you get started on peeling those potatoes." She pointed to the potatoes that currently sat in the sink. Whilst we worked we talked about trivial things until the dreaded question, the one that she asks me every day came up. "Have you two thought about a date yet for the wedding?"

"Actually, yes we have." I admitted. "We were thinking Christmas day." I explained.

"Oh that would be a lovely event. Hopefully we get some snow next year for it, like this year."

"Actually Molly... George and I were thinking Christmas day this year. We don't really see any point in putting it off any longer, we love each other and that's all that matters to us."

"But that's in five days..." She gasped, as she stopped working to look at me, her mouth agape.

"I know, and we realise that it's a push, but everyone that we would want at the wedding will already be here. It's a perfect coincidence really." I explained.

"Well it'll be a push but I'm sure we can manage something."

"I know that if anyone can pull together a wedding in five days it would be you!" I exclaimed as I wrapped her into a tight hug.

"Well... we better go dress shopping tomorrow morning then, oh and bridesmaid dress shopping. You better go tell the girls and write a letter to Tonks. Oh my! Five days! I need to think about the food!" Molly stammered as she descended into chaos, before I could get into harm's way I decided to go find Hermione and Ginny, who were sat upstairs in Ginny's room.

"Hey girls!" I called as I pushed open the door and sat next to them on the bed.

"Dinner can't be ready yet? It's only five!" Ginny exclaimed as she looked at her watch in confusion.

"I'm not here about dinner." I chuckled, this spiked interest in the two girls. "I'm here about shopping tomorrow."

"You have the key to my heart Ari." Ginny chuckled.

"What are we going shopping for?" Hermione questioned.

"Well... we're going for a wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses." I grinned.

"You finally picked a date?" Ginny questioned, her voice full of excitement. "When? When?"

"Christmas day." I grinned.

"Oh that will be lovely Ari, hopefully you get snow like this years." Hermione smiled. "But isn't it a bit early to go dress shopping? It's more than a year away."

"It would be too early if I was talking about next christmas, but I'm not." I grinned.

"No way!" Ginny exclaimed and then tackled me into a tight hug. "I can't believe that you're officially going to be my sister in five days!" She exclaimed happily.

"I know!" I grinned as I untangled myself from her. "I have to go write a letter to Nymph about tomorrow, dinner should be done shortly." I explained as I headed up to mine and George's room to tell my cousin the details of what was going on.