Chapter 18

Beau's POV

My eyes grew wide as the words left Luke's mouth, silencing everyone. He put the scissors there, I couldn't believe that my own brother would even think of pulling a stunt like this during our situation.

Luke sat slouched on the floor, his body shaking as sobs erupted from him, but this time I didn't feel sympathy, I felt anger. My blood boiled and my body temperature instantly raised. Mum rested herself against the kitchen counter, tears silently falling along her cheeks as she quickly rubbed them away. None of us consoled Luke, what he did was stupid and he didn't need to be comforted for it.

My anger got the best of me, my eyes coated over as I let my actions control me. I harshly yanked Luke up from the floor by the collar of his shirt, my fists turning white as my grip on his shirt tightened. He gasped at the sudden movement, I had obviously taken him by surprise.

"I swear to god, you better not have hurt Jai." I hissed through gritted teeth.

"W-what? N-no! I would never!" His eyes instantly widened at my statement as he shook his head frantically.

"Beau! Calm down." Mum suddenly soothed, carefully pulling me away from Luke but before I had managed to let go of his collar, I pushed him to the ground with a harsh thud. Mum seemed shocked by my sudden actions, but she kept herself quiet.

Part of me felt guilty for lashing out Luke but another part of me didn't, what he did was extremely wrong, planting fake evidence purposely. If mum hadn't confronted both Luke and I and went straight ahead with taking the scissors to the police station then Luke would've landed himself in serious trouble.

I didn't help Luke up, neither did mum, I knew she was extremely upset and disappointed in him as any mother would be.

Luke shuffled himself to sit against the kitchen wall, bringing his knees up to hug his chest as he sobbed quietly. He hadn't even apologised yet and for some reason it added fuel to my fire.

"Don't sit there and feel sorry for yourself." I spat harshly, taking a few steps forward as I towered over him. My eyes burned holes into his as he starred up at me, his eyes blood shot and puffy. He remained quiet as he hugged his knees tightly, sniffling every once in a while, but for some reason, it made me angrier. He was playing victim when he was the one who planted the fake evidence.

"You think it was funny to pull something like that?" I gritted my teeth tightly, my words sounded harsh but frankly I couldn't care less.

I was waiting for mums soft voice to fill my ears, to tell me to stop and leave him alone, but I didn't hear those words. She stood back a quietly cried, this was Luke's fault.

Slowly kneeling down to Luke's level, my gaze complete focused on him. I could tell by his constant fidgeting that it was beginning to make him uncomfortable, but was I going to stop? No.

"It should of been you." My voice was low but my words were audible, Luke's eyes widened in shock and sadness, his bottom lip quivering slightly. But I didn't care, my anger had completely taken over me. "It should've been you!" I repeated myself, raising my voice which had made him jump at my sudden tone.

Before I could get an understanding on what was happening, my fist collided harshly with Luke's cheek, a sickening sound echoing through the kitchen as my fist connected with his cheek.

"Beau!" My mother screeched, I felt her hands roughly grab my shoulders as she quickly pulled me away from Luke, preventing me from doing anything else.

I could see the fear in Luke's eyes, his hands were cupping his cheek as he sobbed uncontrollably. Everyone was in shock, including myself. I had never hit any of my brothers, I'd never brought pain upon them, never.

I sat back in shock, gazing down at my fist. I never meant to hit him, I don't even what possessed me to hit him. I shifted my gaze back to Luke, he quickly shuffled as far away from me as he could, afraid I'd hit him again. This wasn't supposed to happen.

"Beau Brooks you are gr-." Before mum had the chance to finish her sentence, Luke pulled himself up from the floor, his hand still cupping his cheek which was slowly beginning to bruise. His eyes were full of many emotions, sadness, pain ect. His shook slightly, his knees wobbling beneath him as tears cascaded down his cheeks.

"I hid it there because I knew you'd find it, I wanted you to think that you could see the same things I was seeing so you wouldn't think I was crazy, I covered the scissors in fake blood, I didn't want to be the only person seeing those things so I wanted to trick you into thinking you could see them too." He whispered sadly before exiting the kitchen, leaving me and mum drowning in silence.