In The Night

Author: monica_love_books

Status: ongoing

Chapters: 6+prologue until now 

Summary:

Darkness. No matter how much you tell yourself that you aren't afraid of it, it'll sneak up on you. Suddenly you're alone, the hairs on the back of your neck are standing up and you can feel your heartbeat in your throat. You're scared. Add to the fact that a blood red-eyed shadow brutally and viciously killed your family and you're all alone in the middle of the woods. There's a rustle in a bush. You snap your head towards the sound, adrenaline coursing through your veins. Your heart beats faster as you step closer towards it, slowly.And what your find is a man. Draven Vadova is his name, the leader of a band of vampires. Soon you learn that everybody else is out to get the same monster that ripped your family apart in seconds. You're haunted by the memories of that terrible night every time you close your eyes. No matter what you seem to do, the darkness looms over you, controlling and overbearing. You have to gain back control before it's too late, but everything comes at a price. And you're not ready to pay.--"My name is Elisa Lockhart, my family was killed by a monster. My mother's name was Laura. My father's name was Micheal. I had a little brother, Alex..." I continued on with the list in my head as I walked through the darkness. I was forgetting about them too. I was visibly shaking, my eyes shut tight. I could feel it breathing on my neck, the hair on the back of my neck standing up. I fought the urge to cry as I turned around to face it, opening my eyes slowly, nobody was there.

Review:  

Okay, so I made this review because @monica_love_books asked me if I could give her book one and I thought why not!

At the beginning, the story starts with giving a simple light on what happened with the lead [Elisa] and her family. Most stories use that method to catch your attention and, you know, start the story with suspicion. It's not bad to use it and the way the author did use it was nice too, but I felt it was a bit slow? Like the build up of the story was kind of catching me and losing me at the same time.

But! She described some scenes nicely and there was one point in a chapter where the lead had a dream but, somehow, that part stayed on my mind.

The story continues and she meets a snake in a forest and the fact that she actually talked to the snake kind of amused me (because of the sudden change of the mood) a little bit and freaked me out a bit (I would totally be running if I was her). 

Other than the slow progress at some parts, the idea where a lot of author used, [and there is nothing wrong with that 'cause we all love writing cliche stories, don't we?] some sudden changes of the mood and some mistakes here and there,  her writing style was not that bad and I think that maybe the story has a lot of potentials if a plot twist happened somewhere. 

But honestly, the story only has like six chapters, and I can't judge completely upon that.

Things I like about this:

Like I said before, some parts were described really well and I actually really  like the summary. The best way to make people click to read your story is the summary.

Favorite Character:  

Till now there aren't many characters? Like there is a few, but not a lot happened so I can't choose yet. But for now, I have to choose maybe Hissy? 

Rate: 6/10  

Why: The story could progress a lot and I just gave this rating based on the little chapter that was posted, maybe the story will progress a lot later and become even better so goodluck!! And always enjoy what you are writing. That's what matters.