Angry Girlfriend

Well, I haven't heard from my girlfriend since she hung up on me to answer Hanna. Girlfriend. If I can even call her that. She lied to me and she chose her ex over me. Whatever, I knew it was all too good to be true. I'm not doubting Alison's feelings for me at all, but she's clearly still hung up over her ex, which is fine by me. I don't need her. She was the one that pursued me. I don't know what I was thinking saying yes to being her "girlfriend". I had a gut feeling that her player-like attitude would never truly go away. I wanted to believe that she'd changed for the better, but I guess not. Such wishful thinking on my part.

"Emily?" my friend, Samara, waved her hand in front of my face. I guess I've been deep in my thoughts for longer than I thought. We're both currently seated at the bench on the sideline. Coach said that I of course could still sit with the team and have a better view of everything. In return, I asked if Samara could join me. For one, because she's my friend. And two, my mom felt a little better having someone down there that could deal with any of my medical issues if problems were to arise.

"I'm sorry. What'd you say?" I apologetically asked her as I turned in her direction.

"Megan just edged out that blonde chick, putting us back in first," she told me, her voice full of excitement.

"I must've missed it," I shrugged as I continued to think about Alison. Why am I thinking about Alison? She clearly isn't thinking about me or my feelings.

"Is everything okay, Em?" Samara asked me as she placed a hand on my thigh and gently rubbed it.

"Yea. I'm just a little tired, that's all," I sort of lied as I turned back towards the track to watch everyone. I mean I am tired...tired of Alison playing with me!

"We're best friends, Emily. What's wrong?" she asked me as she placed her finger under my chin and made me face her. Tears immediately started to fall from my eyes. "Oh my God, Em."

"I-I c-can't d-do th-this," I sobbed into her shoulder as I broke down.

This happened to me before but with Maya. Yep. I'm still friends with the first person and girl ever to completely break my heart. Maya was basically the same way that Alison is. She used to play around with me and be very straightforward about everything. I finally gave in, but, of course, I was just Maya's little toy. She would go back and forth between me and her ex. She eventually chose him. Samara is the only person that I ever told and not once did she ever question me about my sexuality and I am grateful for that.

Do I want to tell her about Alison too? No way! That'll make me look stupid and naive. I should've seen this coming. The signs were all there, but I ignored them and got my heart broken...again. I know that I probably sound hysterical considering that I only just became Alison's girlfriend last night, but the connection that we shared from the jump will forever be imbedded in my mind...in my heart.

"Shhh it's okay, Em. You're okay," she whispered into my ear as she rubbed my back. I'm sure she's probably wondering what the hell just happened, but I am happy that she's letting me have my moment.

Someone sat down next to me and joined Samara in rubbing my back. I assume it's a member of the track team. Maybe Judith or Lucero.

"What's wrong baby?" I heard her ask in a soft voice. I quickly shot up out of Samara's arms and looked at her completely confused. However, I was too overwhelmed with emotions to even react how I wanted to. Instead, I just sobbed into her neck and she wrapped her arms around me. 

"Wh-What are y-you d-doing here?" I managed to ask her in between sobs. I came out from her neck and sat up straight, slightly distancing myself from her.

"I came here to surprise you...what happened?" she asked in a sad tone as she tried to reach up to wipe my tears away with her thumb, but I quickly did it myself.

"Nothing," I answered coldly before turning my attention to the runners at the starting line. I slightly glanced to my right and noticed that Samara had left.

"Is this about earlier? Emily, I'm sorry. It was completely wrong and insensitive of me to cut you off and take a call from Hanna. I hadn't realized how rude and careless it was until after the fact. I promise that I did not mean to do that and I would never purposefully hurt you like that. You're my girlfriend, not Hanna. And it's time that I start acting like it," she said as she grab my left hand and intertwined it with her right. 

Okay, wow! This is so not what I expected. So maybe I was completely wrong about everything earlier and just super emotional. But I'm still right about one thing.

"You lied to me, Alison. You told me that your dad and I were the only two with your new number."

"You are," she answered in a questioning tone.

"Well then how was Hanna able to reach you?" I asked her as I removed my hand from hers and crossed my arms over my chest.

"You're so adorable when you're mad," she giggled at my actions. 

"Yea well I'm about to get real adorable in just a second," I scoffed.

"Oh, you're serious...I called Hanna earlier, from my new phone, to let her know that I'd changed my number. You know, since we were supposed to be having lunch together. Of course, she didn't pick up the first time because she didn't know the number and it was probably way too early. So I sent her a quick text letting her know it was me. You called just a few minutes later and Hanna called while we were talking. Once again, I apologize for hanging up. I know that it was wrong I should've just sent her to voicemail and called her later. I truly am sorry baby. I hope you're not mad at me...please don't be mad at me. You've been mad at me before and I absolutely hate it," she frustratedly sighed as she a hand through her hair.

"Why'd you go to lunch with Hanna? Does everyone go on a lunch date with their ex right after they break up with them?"

"Honestly, we both needed some closure. Things didn't really end on good terms as I'd planned when I broke up with her. We both said some things that we shouldn't have and Hanna definitely did some things that she shouldn't have, like throw my phone at my eye...she invited me, so I took her up on her offer. I probably should've asked you, but I didn't think that it'd be such a big deal. We mainly discussed when I'd be going to get my things from California and what Hanna's next step in life is...I swear that she and I are completely over, Emily. And, if you don't mind, I'd like to remain friends with her. She's a good person and has no intention of trying to get me back. She understands that we're no longer in the same place and I've moved on. I needed to have that talk with her. It made my new relationship with you feel even more real. Baby, I can now fully devote all of my time to you for my past is officially behind me. You're my angel and you deserve to have all of my undivided attention, Em. Again, I'm sorry if I made you feel like you don't matter to me baby. You're my everything and you mean the fucking world to me," Alison told me as she grabbed my hand again, this time holding it tight.

"I'm sorry," I whispered as I looked down at our hands. She isn't another Maya. She's Alison, my girlfriend.

"Don't apologize baby. Just promise me that you'll speak up if there's ever a problem between us."

"I promise," I told her as I smiled and hugged her.

"My angel," she whispered before kissing the top of my head.

What'd you think? I hope this explains things from the last couple of chapters. Now that everything is out of the way (and by everything, I mean Hanna...well, maybe not completely out of the way), what would you like to see happen? I'm open to all ideas.