12 - Kind Of Like You

Brendan Adam🙈
We just got our luggage.. I'll be home soon!

Stella Marie💘
You just woke me up... Asshole🖕🏻

Brendan Adam🙈
Hahaha.. Sorry babes! Just wanted to make sure you'd be awake when I got home

Stella Marie💘
Ugh.. Just hurry up please😑

It was another full hour before I heard the key twisting in the lock. I hopped out of bed, and Brendan was walking through the door as I hit the bottom of the stairs.

"Hey, cutie," he said, a smile forming on his lips. God, I'd missed his smile. I ran forward, pretty much throwing myself onto him. His bag dropped to the ground and he wrapped his arms around my torso, lifting my feet off the ground.

I locked my legs around his waist and pressed my lips against his. He pulled away shortly thereafter and nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck.

I inhaled deeply, picking up a faint scent of his sweat; from his game earlier most likely. Something about it was comforting, and I gripped him tighter.

"Can we go to bed?" Brendan questioned softly. I nodded against his neck, and he laughed as he realized I wasn't going to let go of him any time soon. He abandoned his bags by the front door and carried me upstairs like I was a small child. "You are crazy," he commented with a small laugh.

"Crazy for you," I joked. He stopped dead on the stairs and leaned back to look at me. "What?"

He rolled his eyes. "That was the worst pun I have ever heard." I smirked and buried my head into the crook of his neck as we continued up the stairs. I loved this feeling. It was difficult to put into words. It was comfortable; the feeling of being sleepy and vulnerable around someone and knowing they wouldn't do anything to take advantage of it. I could feel my eyes droop down as Brendan stumbled up the last few steps. He pressed a kiss to the side of my head as he laid me down gently on top of the sheets.

I listened as he shuffled around, getting ready for bed. I was nearly asleep when I felt a warm presence slide into bed next me, pulling the covers up over us.

"Goodnight, Stella," he whispered faintly. I would've responded, but I had already began to slip into unconsciousness.

<><><><><><>

Brendan's POV

When I woke up, Stella was still out. As creepy as it may sound, I just watched her. She looked so fragile and peaceful as her body gently rose and fell with her breathing. Her eyelashes were so long they brushed the tops of her cheeks where there were small, nearly undetectable freckles scattered on her skin. Her mouth hung open slightly, I had to restrain myself from kissing her to wake her up.

I smiled to myself as I gently slid the covers back and got out of bed. I made sure Stella hadn't woken up before I went downstairs to make breakfast. The team had a day off today, so I didn't have to worry about going to practice.

I got out the pancake mix, a measuring cup, a bowl, and a frying pan as quietly as I possibly could.

As I was beginning to mix up the batter, my phone buzzed from its spot by the charger. I had forgotten to plug it in last night in my sleepy trance.