10 - Some Kind of Drug

My mouth hung open at Brendan's confession. He had caught feelings for me, and the feeling was mutual. His eyes bored into mine, and I was too shocked to speak. He took my silence the wrong way, and I could tell he got frustrated.

"I just shouldn't have said anything," he sighed, pushing himself up off the love seat. I tried to stop him, but he was already in the kitchen. I sighed and just decided to go change clothes before telling him that he was being an idiot.

I threw on a white t-shirt and my favorite pair of grey sweats before going back to the kitchen. I noticed that Brendan had changed too. Basketball shorts hung from his hips and a black t-shirt clung to him in all the right places.

I silently pushed myself up onto the counter as he rummaged through the refrigerator. He turned around with a water bottle and didn't notice me sitting on the counter.

"Brendan," I said, taking him by surprise. He nearly dropped his water bottle before looking over at me. "Come here."

He did as he was told, setting his water bottle down on the way. I reached out and gently grabbed his forearm, pulling him closer. He wouldn't look me in the eyes, until I reached up and laced my arms around his neck.

"Guess what?" I said, a smile playing on my lips. His eyes finally met mine, and I noticed a smile was beginning to show on his face too.

"What?"

"You weren't the only somebody that caught feelings," I admitted, feeling like tons of weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. His smile instantly grew.

"Thank god," he breathed. His eyes fluttered shut, and he kissed me. His hands started on my hips, but it didn't take long for them to slide down and cup my thighs. I smiled into him, and he gave a breathy laugh before reconnecting our lips.

He pulled away and pressed a kiss to my forehead. I leaned forward and rested my head on his chest, and he wrapped his arms around me tightly. It would be impossible to convince me that there was a better feeling than that.

"Can we go to sleep?" I questioned, tilting my head up so I could look at him. He grinned down at me and nodded. Keeping his grip on me, he walker towards the bedroom. He damn near dropped me before I wrapped my legs around him and saved myself last minute.

"You okay?" he asked, trying - and failing - to hold back laughter.

"You almost killed me!!" I squealed. "I could've died, Brendan."

"Good riddance," he teased, and neither of us could hold back our laughter anymore. I pulled myself closer by hugging his neck, laughing to the point of tears.

After we finally made it to the bedroom in one piece, he set me down on the bed before crawling in beside me. My eyelids were heavy, and I felt myself falling asleep when he said my name.

"Hey, Stels?"

I rolled over to face him.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you," he said quietly, reaching out to caress my cheek.

"For what?" I questioned, my eyebrows pulling together in confusion.

"For forgiving me when I just up and left like some kind of asshole," he explained. My hand found its way to Brendan's and held it tight.

"You're worth it."

He smiled brightly and gave me a quick peck on the lips before closing his eyes. I rolled back over, and he immediately reached for my waist, pulling me into him. The warmth of his skin radiated through my shirt, and I easily fell asleep to the sound of his breathing.