Chapter 21: Defeat and freedom

Chapter twenty one:

The General narrowed his eyes at Demenshia.

It was true, they were brothers. Demenshia was always jealous of General Wallows because he always did everything right in their parents eyes. Demenshia felt neglected, like nothing he did would impress them.

So he became bitter and cold hearted. He decided that he would create a team of super villains to destroy his brother and everything he loved once and for all but the General wasn't about to let that happen.

"You lost the privilege of calling me your brother when you turned on me." the General snapped, not letting Demenshia out of his sight. Demenshia's face was calm as he walked over to a nearby window. He watched as Willow, Benny, Katie, Aaron and Ryan tried desperately to put out the fire.

"It'll all be over soon enough. Your team will turn against you and come to me." Demenshia whipped around to face General Wallows. "We will destroy you." he hissed with hate in his tone.

"They'd never do that and you know it. Now you're coming with me so the police can find you a nice, secure cell." General Wallows replied, still holding the taser. Demenshia's eyes narrowed and he glared down at him.

"Unlikely!" he whipped out a laser gun and shot it in the General's direction but he rolled out of the way just in the nick of time.

"Oh come on, I don't want to hurt you!" General Wallows cried pleadingly. Demenshia shot at him again and again, missing every time.

"I've already got Ed! Who will be the next to crumble?!" Demenshia asked sarcastically, he shot his laser gun again but he didn't see the General anywhere. "Where did he-?" Demenshia was cut off by a shocking pain in his back.

He fell to the floor, paralyzed. General Wallows sighed and looked down at his taser and then his brother.

"Just know that I didn't have a choice but to hurt you." he whispered in Demenshia's ear.

"And you.... Just .....know that...this isn't the....end..." Demenshia blacked out after that. The General sighed and handcuffed him to a pipe that was connected to the wall for the police to collect him.

With that General Wallows left the building in complete silence. Meanwhile, Aaron was trying hard to absorb all the flames but he was losing energy rapidly.

Benny and Katie were trying their best to put out the fire with their powers but Benny couldn't make ice as well as he could because it was so hot and Katie kept getting burned when she used her super speed.

"Ouch! There's too many flames for us to handle!" Katie chocked and watched as Aaron collapsed to the ground unable to absorb anymore.

Ryan and Willow felt completely helpless as they turned to see General Wallows running up to them.

"What should we do? Nothings working and there's just so much..." Willow trailed off when the General pulled out a small metal ball.

"Everyone duck!" he threw the small metal ball towards the flames and as soon as it hit the fire white foam went everywhere all over the forest.

The team looked around to find that the flames were completely whipped out. Benny glared at General Wallows and looked back at the foam covered forest.

"We were handling it." he groaned and turned back to the General. General Wallows walked up to Benny with a small smile.

"Not from where I was standing." he laughed a little. "Come on, there's something I want to talk to you all about back at the base." he started walking towards where he hid his jet.

"What about Ed?" Katie questioned looking back into the forest.

"A problem for another time. Let's get going." the General seemed almost sad but the team listened to his command and followed him onto the jet.

Soon they had arrived back at the base. General Wallows gathered everyone in the training room so he could say what he had to say. "What happened just now with Willow getting kidnapped... We all know that it's happened with each of you." General Wallows spoke softly.

The team looked at each other. They all remembered when they were taken by Demenshia. Willow still looked confused and interrupted the General.

"Why did that guy kidnap me? Why did I need to fight him?" Willow questioned, still trying to recover from everything. Everyone in the room sighed and looked at Willow with weary expressions.

"Ed is Demenshia's.... Minion." Katie answered in a whisper.

"He used to be one of us until Demenshia offered him ultimate power. In return he had to work for him." Ryan growled at the memory. Ryan and Ed must have been really good friends before he turned evil. Willow began to understand what was going on and her face saddened at the story.

"Demenshia made us all fight Ed and when we would lose he told us that we were weak.... and he could make us strong." Benny frowned and tried hard not to yell.

"He tries to get us to do what he wants! He manipulates us when we're the most vulnerable!" Aaron ignited his hands from the fury inside of him.

"Why would he do this?" Willow asked, tears welling up in her eyes.

"He wants to create an army of super villains to destroy me." General Wallows closed his eyes, feeling the pain of his brother's hatred.

"Why y-" Willow stopped herself when Katie shook her head telling Willow not to ask. General Wallows sighed and forced a smile.

"Anyway, I've decided that there's going to be some changes around here." he clasped his hands together and took a deep breath. "I think that it's a good idea for you all to go to school.... Real school." The General watched as everyone's faces went from surprised to shocked and then finally excitement.

"Does this mean we get to go out of the base whenever we want?" Katie jumped up and down and giggled.

"Almost, you all still have to be back by 10." he answered gruffly.

"Wait why are you letting us out of the base with that freak show on the lose?" Benny asked and gestured to the forest.

"Ed and Demenshia will find a way to attack us all. If Ed can break into the base there's no point in protecting you. This should teach all of you responsibility and to look out for one another." the General smiled at the group and then walked out of the training room.

The team spoke excitedly and all had smiles on their faces, completely forgetting about Demenshia and Ed. Willow smiled brightly and watched her team talk.

She knew that her life would never be the same again and that was fine. She wouldn't have it any other way.

THE END